+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: “For Love or Money” – Episode 6 Recap – “Decisions, Decisions – The Finale”

Great recap thank you for all of your hard work, insight and stamina.

We'll miss you.

FORT Newbie
    Another great recap, Caligirl. I loved the 80 year detail!

Like a few of the others here I also am amazed I spent 2 hours of my life watching this--on and on and on they went "love or money...love or money...blah blah blah....?" The commercials gave me a chance to take potty breaks (are you listening, sponsors!?)

It was interesting, and more realistic, in a way--that it didn't actually turn out great for any of them, though--poor Erin has to go through this again (probably figured that annuity over 40 years was a far-cry from a million in the bank now, so why not go for for more exposure, worth more than the $300K or whatever the present value of the loot would have been--but STILL!?); Rob left forlorn--all he needed was a taxi--and it was a change to see the guy in this get a taste of some real "reality"--by the way, I really liked his scripted talk for both, very "heart to heart" (despite the similarities between the two talks); and poor Paige--she needs to go back to school and get a little age on her--but I felt sorry for her, too.

The networks are really desperate with this stuff, and yet I keep watching and feeding their frenzy to put more of this crap on the air. HELP! What's the matter with me?!!!

FORT Fan

very suspicious

Great recap Cali! I am amazed as the others that you could have sat through this garbage long enough to write such a detailed recap. Luckily I have ReplayTV, which allowed me to zoom through it.

I have some serious doubts over the validity of Erin's shock decision to risk the million bucks. Based on what she did in the show, her decision defies all logic and I would love to know if we could find out if she will be receiving an "appearance fee" or maybe somebody dropped her a hint that the final surprise will be that if the guy takes the money, it will be her who really gets it. Either way, her gamble is very suspicious and here's why:

1. Erin clearly stated that she has never done anything for money and once faced with the prospect of having to choose between the dimwit and the money she became almost unable to look at him. Now suddenly we are to believe that she will be "working" 15 guys and for several weeks with the sole intention of getting the guy to choose her over money so she can now win 2 million? What an amazing change in personality.

2. Erin stated how incredibly difficult, given how unstable relationships are, that someone would risk a sure million bucks (really 300K) over a chance of a relationship. She now ridiculously puts herself in that same predicament?? and risks a sure fortune??? for what? more money? but hey I thought she does not do anything for money.

3. Having a ready made name to star in a show which begins the week after the previous show is an incredible coup for the producers..now is someone explained this situation to you in the abstract:

Girl A competes against 14 other girls to get a guy to choose her with the prize being a million bucks, but the she must choose either the money, or a guy who agreed to be on a sleazy dating show

Girl A wins the contest and says she could never risk money on something as unstable as a fledgling relationship and thus chooses the money

3 weeks later, Girl A agrees to throw away one million dollars so she can be in the same position as the humiliated stooge and risk 1 million dollars on the chance that a contestant on a sleazy dating show will choose her over financial security after she herself knows the risks.

so looking at this in the abstract, the show seems quite suspicious...and if somehow the guy chooses her over the million bucks I will be even more suspicious.

so again, is there anyway we can see if there is some type of appearance fee or quid pro quo? Because this thing has more holes in it than a football field sized hunk of Swiss cheese.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by garyloveserica
    so again, is there anyway we can see if there is some type of appearance fee or quid pro quo? Because this thing has more holes in it than a football field sized hunk of Swiss cheese.
    If it's a setup, then it sounds like a case for the smoking gun... like Trista's side deal on the Bachelorette, but worse, because this is supposed to be a "contest" show, and there are laws that prevent people from fixing the results or having side deals.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    If it's a setup, then it sounds like a case for the smoking gun... like Trista's side deal on the Bachelorette, but worse, because this is supposed to be a "contest" show, and there are laws that prevent people from fixing the results or having side deals.
    They have lawers who know lawers....

Well, MAYBE Erin is so confident in her ability to make men perform like puppets that she thinks the "double or nothing" bet is a slam dunk. And maybe she isn't really risking her original monetary winnings because she probably had NBC word her contract to make her appearance on the show worth at least what she's risking (like a large per diem).

I'm quite sure the NBC lawyers will have made sure that everything is carefully worded so there is nothing illegal going on.

No offense to Garyloveserica and the rest of the "weaker sex," but most men are like playdough when it comes to love and romance, and it's pretty easy to mold them anyway you want to when you know they're interested.

(Hunkering down now and looking for the fire extinguisher while I wait for the flames ....)

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi
    Well, MAYBE Erin is so confident in her ability to make men perform like puppets that she thinks the "double or nothing" bet is a slam dunk. And maybe she isn't really risking her original monetary winnings because she probably had NBC word her contract to make her appearance on the show worth at least what she's risking (like a large per diem).

I'm quite sure the NBC lawyers will have made sure that everything is carefully worded so there is nothing illegal going on.

No offense to Garyloveserica and the rest of the "weaker sex," but most men are like playdough when it comes to love and romance, and it's pretty easy to mold them anyway you want to when you know they're interested.

(Hunkering down now and looking for the fire extinguisher while I wait for the flames ....)

Mimi,

you are probably right in a politically incorrect sort of way...but still, Erin's decison flies in the face of logic and what she herself has said....and is very convenient for the producers....and that it happened 3 weeks after the show and not right after does not make you a little suspicious that some friendly persuasion went on?

Quote Originally Posted by mimi

Or her television appearances are worth the time and money, at least to her. I still think she cannot lose any way it turns. Imagine a line of bachelors that will be waiting for her in the airport when she comes back home. BTW, Sharon Stone hubby will soon be available too.

I also think that NBC is smart enough to pick the bachelors with a specific girl in mind. For Paige they would've chosen a different crowd, I think.

FORT Newbie
    I still say FLOM2 would be more interesting with Paige. She's just too fun.

FORT Fogey

Erin, thy smirk gives you away

BTW, Sharon Stone hubby will soon be available too.
    He is? What a scoop! That would be geographically cool for Erin because they both live in the Bay Area. How do you do it, mimi?

Maybe we should all say that Erin is as hypocritical and phony as she wants to be. Truth be told, I didn't like her smirk right from the start.

She should have taken the money and run. But to let herself in for more of "fake acting" (as she referred to it) shows me that she is lacking in character.

If her family really was her primary consideration, then why did she turn the so-called check back over to Jordan (who cannot be trusted, as we all know)? I think her entire schtick is nothing but a sham. This woman wants an "in" to the glamorous world of entertainment. Call me a cynic, go ahead, I dare you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast