+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: 7/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Hug me!
    Best ending for a reality dating show ever. Rob got exactly what he deserved which is nothing and make a fool out of himself on national TV.
    As for Paige, they said love is blind. I said she is blind. Erin ? I will be rooting for her in FLOM 2.

lol_its_fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Bottom line is - this smells fishy to me. If FLOM2 relied on all three decisions coming through, the producers took too big of a risk. What are your thoughts?
    You could say that again Zaius. That is why I have switched to Paradise Hotel instead of this show about three weeks ago. This show doesn't many any sense to me. Even if the girl really falls in love with Rob, she could still reject him on the show and then secretly make a deal with him or tell him later that it is her strategy to have the money, but she would like to share some of the money with him because she is really in love with him. Why is that? And if Rob accepts the deal, then she could have both....

FORT Newbie
    Erin may have actually given up the $1 million dollars, but I would guess she is getting one heck of a good per-diem for the second go-round to make up for it. Perhaps even an "actual" million dollars rather than one spread over forty years. I find it hard to believe that Erin would actually gamble the $1M on FLOM2. She just doesn't seem the type. I would think that Kelly might gamble the $1M but not Erin.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I just noticed on reading through the thread that Bump thinks it's Apple.
    You're right, fluff. Right MMF episode, Wrong Eric. It was the other guy they called Apple. But I recognized him right off!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Well, when they said shocking twist they weren't kidding. Let me officially begin my FLOM 2 posts by saying, "Erin. You are an IDIOT."

Good Lord.

In her speech to Rob, Erin said something about not wanting to be in a relationship that was based on a lie or started with a lie and that the money thing would always be an issue, then she signs up for FLOM 2. Good going. By the by I hope she realizes that choosing a million bucks over someone you've only known for a few weeks does not make you a golddigger. That's being smart and using common sense.

I agree, NYGal! But I'm still wondering if the money was explained to them (or if they even asked). A million dollars would swap me right into common sense mode, but if an attractive man was wooing me and I felt a real connection, 18-K wouldn't make much difference. Hell, you can't even buy a decent car for under $30-K anymore.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    First of all I'd like to say that I have not watched one second of this show except for the last 10 minutes or so.

Basically Erin had to pick between Rob and money, and picked money. Then she gave up cashing the check and walking away for a chance at $ 2 million if one of the guys coming to the mansion picked her (love).

So basically the producers were betting that

1. The girl Rob picked had "bachelorette" material. In other words she can be the center of a show.

2. The girl would not pick Rob but pick the money.

3. The girl would not walk out with the mil but go for two.

FLOM2 was riding on all those factors being true, because any other alternative would be much more boring and awkward. (Imagine Erin saying she keeps the money and the host going "uuuuh, ok then we'll fall back to Paige to be the center of the show!")

Again, I admit that I have not watched the show, but I belive I got the gist of the decisions made. Bottom line is - this smells fishy to me. If FLOM2 relied on all three decisions coming through, the producers took too big of a risk. What are your thoughts?
    You TOTALLY nailed it, Zaius! It is all a contrived plot by the producers that had to result in this ending.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty_kat
    This may seem really weird,but does anyone else think that Erin looks like Zora and Rob looks like Evan? (From Joe Millionaire) I know I'm crazy....

I thought so, too.

+ Reply to Thread