+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Hi all. I am new to reality tv shows, having cut my teeth on talk shows to begin with. I caught the finale of Mr Personality and a teaser preview for FLOM though, and I was hooked after that.

First of all,congratulations to all of you for making watching this kind of bizzare, highly commercialized, and glitzy programming 10 times more entertaining. I have been catching the posts after each episode of FLOM throughout the series, and I think I've recovered a few IQ points in the process.

I have to admit, I'm ashamed to watch this stuff. I certainly don't admit to anyone I know that I have a new reason to actually look forward to Mondays...

I think the reason I do is the reason some people watch Jerry Springer: to see relationships/lives that, however scripted, are undeniably much worse than their own. The same reason people rubberneck when driving past car wrecks. But you can bet I'll be watching FLOM 2. Probably Cupid as well.

And I'll be glued to the TV tonight. My money's on Paige, by the way. Rob'd be an even bigger idiot than I already figure he is to pass such an easy shot at the woman AND the million up.(Side note--does it suprise anyone else that Erin's lasted so long without a typecasted role, or indeed, any real definition of her personality?)

Happy watching, everyone. I can't wait for Caligirl's recap of this one.

Go ahead KittyPaws:

"Hello. My name is KittyPaws. I am addicted to FLOM. I am addicted to Reality TV"

Hello KittyPaws

We understand ... we'll outline the 12 steps for you later ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    yeah, Old Faithful is here ... what a glutton for punishment I am!

So fluff, you gonna pick FLOM over Paradise Hotel tonight? Or just flip back and forth??

Oh -- and I love the rearrangement of the smilies options cause I discovered this one which made me think of the two of us trying to synchronize on FLOM night:

Love it, we have such synchronicity issues

I'll be "flicking" this evening, but the second hour of FLOM will be FLOM and only FLOM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Oh, hi to kittypaws and to the site

You're among friends.
    This is a completely safe place to confess your addiction.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Bump,
    I'll give you the name of my shrink and we'll all have a drink together!

The suspense is killing me right now. I'm on tenterhooks, aren't you?
    Actually I'm doing battle with the kiddos right now. Wondering why you can't get Perogesic (sp) over the counter anymore. :mad:

But by showtimet they should be fine.
    Yes. I'm kind of excited to see this one go to bed ...

The show, I mean.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I don't think I can bear two hours of this show.
    When will that recap be ready? ;-)

We trashed the 12-step program in favor of a new, more effective 12-episode program.

Welcome, kittypaws!

Quote Originally Posted by kittypaws
    Hi all. I am new to reality tv shows, having cut my teeth on talk shows to begin with. I caught the finale of Mr Personality and a teaser preview for FLOM though, and I was hooked after that.
    Welcome KittyPaws!!

First of all, I am so proud that you have been snatched from the clutches of the talk shows. I, too, *sniff* was a talk show maven, but now, Im a proud member of the FORT!

Enjoy your stay, make sure you pick up your sleeping bag in the morning and mess call is @ 6:30 sharp!

Im on pins and needles on how this show ends! Paige or Erin? Tylenol or Pepto Bismo? So many choices...so little time.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

The show has already aired in Canada and I just read the outcome on another internet forum.

I was surprised.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Welcome Kittypaws!

I think I'm going to have to watch the end of this train wreck to see what happens. If I am caught up in real time with Tivo I'll come here though, as it's the only thing that can get me through it!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread