Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking Bets…

FORT Newbie

Taking Bets…

Okay... We're right down to the wire. My money is 100% on Paige.

Who do you think is going to "win? And why??

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Paige wins, picks Rob. Rob takes cash, runs. Paige heals broken heart with poetry and hegira to her own personal Mecca, Hollywood, to fulfill her destiny as outlined by Stebo in another post. I still say that girl is in need of an intervention, or a shawl and some cookies and milk.

See the article in today's Dallas Morning News.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    See the article in today's Dallas Morning News.
    Can you give us an excerpt? I don't feel like going thru the registration process for the website ....

Good point. Stupid Texans and their registrations. They make you give up more info to read an article online than they make you give to buy a gun.

"Spotlight burns local reality-TV contestants
    07/05/2003

By ED BARK / The Dallas Morning News

They began the show as relative innocents in a "reality" television relationship web. Now they're ending it with wounds inflicted by TheSmoking Gun.com Web site.

Dallas lawyer Rob Campos, 33, and Richardson sales representative Paige Jones, 21, form two-thirds of the remaining triangle on NBC's For Love or Money, which ends its six-week run Monday. The two-hour finale will determine whether Mr. Campos, Ms. Jones or 30-year-old Erin Brodie of San Francisco walks away with a $1 million check before taxes cut it almost in half.

Nationally distributed negative publicity about the North Texas twosome likely has helped to turn the show into summer's most-watched reality attraction in the past two weeks. Mr. Campos first got embarrassed by documentation that he had concealed his dismissal from the U.S. Marine Corps' Judge Advocate General (JAG) unit in 1999 for drunkenly groping the breasts of a Navy officer whose dormitory room he had entered uninvited. He has not returned phone calls from The Dallas Morning News, but said he was sorry on the NBC-produced Access Hollywood program.

Area man joins 'Love or Money'
    As Paige Jones and Rob Campos fade from For Love or Money, another North Texan stands ready to take their place on a second edition of the show scheduled to premiere on July 14. He's Clifton "Wade" Whistler of Carrollton, a 29-year-old Texas A&M graduate who works for the family-owned ACT Precision Sheet Metal company.
    Mr. Whistler will be among 15 bachelors competing for the hand of "one lucky woman," says NBC.
    Taping on the sequel began before the first For Love or Money hit TV. That enabled the network to keep the show's $1 million twists a secret from the sequestered contestants.
    Ed Bark

Ms. Jones then found herself on the receiving end of reports of her three arrests in 2001, twice for driving while intoxicated and also for driving with a suspended license. TheSmokingGun.com illustrated its report with three deglamorized mug shots of Ms. Jones.
    "I definitely think my mistakes were very serious. I think even in a pre-Internet world it would have come out," she said in a recent telephone interview from Port Aransas, Texas, where she was vacationing with her parents.

Unlike the show's star bachelor, Ms. Jones said she made the producers "fully aware that I had made mistakes and had gotten in trouble" before the show began four weeks of taping that ended on April 20th.

"I'm actually glad that the arrests happened," she said. "I wasn't really on the right path in my life, and those experiences changed my life. There are a lot of people who drink and drive, and not everybody gets caught. I feel like I'm a completely different person now. But my grandmother wasn't too proud when she saw my mug shot in the paper, that's for sure."

Ms. Jones has been cooing at Mr. Campos throughout For Love or Money . But she didn't know then what she knows now about him.

"I was very surprised," when the Marine Corps incident was publicized, she said. "I do look at him differently now. Obviously, I can't give away the ending, but a lot can change during the time since we finished the show. It was a good lesson for me to remember, that people aren't always what they seem to be. You thought a person was great and wonderful, and then you find things out about them. But everybody has made mistakes in their past. I know I have."

Ms. Jones can win $1 million on Monday night if Mr. Campos selects her, and then she in turn takes the money rather than him. Ms. Brodie has the same opportunity. But Mr. Campos gets the $1 million if he persuades his final pick to stick with him rather than accept the show's financial payoff.

"When we first found out about the money I was very distraught about it," Ms. Jones said. "It changed the whole dynamic. But now that I look at it, I'm so glad I was a part of the show. Our lives revolve around so many materialistic things, especially in Dallas. Maybe I can help spread the message that it's not really that important."

Ms. Jones continues to sell personalized panties, thongs, shirts and coffee mugs on her Web site, LovePaige Jones.com, which went up about a week before For Love or Money had its June 2 premiere. But she said that all profits from sales go to a graphic designer who got the site running. Besides merchandise, Ms. Jones also has "Backstage With Paige" and poetry pages on the site.

"We're selling a little bit, and it's a cool way for me to express myself," she said, noting that several colleges since have asked her to do motivational speaking.

Ms. Jones said that contestants couldn't make phones calls, watch TV or listen to music during their month in For Love or Money's Bel Air, Calif., mansion.

"It's a completely controlled environment," she said. "We were so far removed from the real world, which is kind of ironic on a reality TV show."

She is still director of retail promotions for U.S. Jesco, which her Web site describes as a "housewares manufacturer specializing in 'retail-tainment.' "

"But I'm going to take some time off and move to California and see what happens," she said. "You never know until you try, right?"

Whatever she tries will be monitored by NBC.

"For a year after the show, if I do anything like acting or modeling outside my current job, it has to be approved by NBC," Ms. Jones said. "It's in the contract. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind that."

E-mail ebark@dallasnews.com

For Love or Money finale, 8 p.m. Monday, NBC (Channel 5)
    "

Oh Brock,

And I love it that these two paragraphs were concurrent:
    "Our lives revolve around so many materialistic things, especially in Dallas. Maybe I can help spread the message that it's not really that important."

Ms. Jones continues to sell personalized panties, thongs, shirts and coffee mugs on her Web site, LovePaige Jones.com,
    And then there is this scary thought ...
    "... noting that several colleges since have asked her to do motivational speaking.
    Thanks for posting that, Brock.

Why do I imagine Paige getting up on stage and ripping into...

"My name is Matt Foley, and I am a MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER! Yo estoy vivo en el VAN, CIRCA DEL RIO!!!"

FORT Regular
    I'm going with Paige. Rob picks Paige because he knows that she will choose him over the money. Rob gets the money, then dumps Paige. (After he cashes in his BOGO* coupon she advertised after the chastity ring fell off, of course.)

When Rob dumps Erin, she will fold her face into that quirkly little sideways grin, say something bland, and shuffle off to the kitchen to find a carrot and that half-eaten rice cake she hid in the back of the pantry last week. She has been starving herself for weeks now, but she feels she can finally cut loose and pig out.

* Buy one, get one free

I'm going with Paige too because I think Rob will see her as his way of getting the cash.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    I'm afraid if he picks Erin , Paige will most likely go off the deep end.

Adhering to the script, Rob will pick Paige and she will pick him over the million. What a scam.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast