+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, control your laughter. Rob isn't that bad after all.

Ok, control your laughter. Rob isn't that bad after all.

Did anyone start to come around on Rob last night? I found myself starting to like him. I am going to push the military thing out of my mind until I hear the whole story for now. Out of all these people, Rob is the most sincere.

I certainly like him better than Andrew from the Bachelor... he was the male equivalent of Paige at best. He was just "determined" to find him a little wife whether she liked it or not! I will take a "Rob" over that Psychopath anyday.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    I have to agree... I liked him much more last night after he found out about the secret... almost like that let him just be his normal, venal, no Prince Charming but probably fun to have a beer with provided he's not attracted to you self.

Of course, at the end of every date, his hair was all sideshow Rob and he was lilting from port to starboard and back to port like a sailor with much grog...
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I don't like him much on the show. However, I imagine there is more to Rob Campos; but what I've seen of the tipsy Rob Campos, I don't much like. He's not bad looking (with a different haircut), but he's too inarticulate for my taste. Fortunately, I don't cast reality t.v. shows.

I still think that up till now Rob has been there actually believing what he was told about the show. He didn't know about money.

I think he must feel played about now.

As for him being inarticulate, not being slick is a plus for me. I don't think I would much like a guy who had an entire inventory of lines to dump women with.

I keep remembering his 12 years of private Baptist education. This is not a slick guy. I don't like slick guys, did I already mention that?

Yes I like him based on what I actually see and know. The military thing I wish we knew all the gory details about, the innuendo is probably far worse.

Do I wish he would stop drinking before he looks like Ted Kennedy, oh yes!

Yes, I think he is good looking and I keep wondering how the other writers don't see it. This is a good looking guy.

He is playing the game now that he knows there is a game. He will pick Paige cause he knows she will choose him. THe ethics of putting him in this position is another topic. It will be interesting to see if he can contracturally talk about this afterward.

Originally posted by Candybar
    Yes, I think he is good looking and I keep wondering how the other writers don't see it. This is a good looking guy.
    Rob is clearly good looking, he's just incredibly unattractive due to his personality. Unlike men who will screw first and worry about character flaws later, women are usually turned off once they realize the rest of the package is missing. This works in reverse when you see gorgeous women with men who are physically flawed but funny, powerful, intelligent, wealthy, what-have-you.

I'm not suggesting you're unusual, but you obviously find some redeeming qualities in Rob that a lot of others don't. Personally I would rather date Paul the Butler. At least he had a sense of humor.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Christine
    Rob is clearly good looking, he's just incredibly unattractive due to his personality. Unlike men who will screw first and worry about character flaws later, women are usually turned off once they realize the rest of the package is missing. This works in reverse when you see gorgeous women with men who are physically flawed but funny, powerful, intelligent, wealthy, what-have-you.

I'm not suggesting you're unusual, but you obviously find some redeeming qualities in Rob that a lot of others don't. Personally I would rather date Paul the Butler. At least he had a sense of humor.
    Paul was da bomb!

I agree with you Christine, Rob's looks are undermined by his lackluster personality. Perhaps he cannot help that and has not been shown in the best light, but surely there is some of the real Rob in the mix and he is clearly not suitable for this genre. I am still wondering why he was selected.

I am glad that I am not the only one who started to like Rob after last night's show. He seemed like he had a little more personality.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Rob is not an actor and made some stupid mistake that most of us would have made thrown into tht position. He has had the personality of a rock up until last night. We finally got to see the Real Rob last night and he is just not that bad of a guy. These shows are littered with wannabe actors and actresses so they are able to put up a good "character" for the most part. Rob proved to me last night that he has hope. I am not saying he has won me over completely, just that he is getting better as the show goes on.

Knew your father, I did! mrbnatural's Avatar
    Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who started liking Rob after the last episode. I thought maybe I was losing it. Just keep him away from alcohol for the last show and I'll be happy.

time to burn the building lucky's Avatar
    He's only gone from really really awful to awful in my mind. But who's the bigger fool? I'm still watching each week!
    And that, Marjorie --- just so you will know --- and your children will someday know --- is the night the lights went out in Georgia!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast