+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, control your laughter. Rob isn't that bad after all.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    There was a guy who posted on a forum on the Dallas NBC affiliate who claimed he knew Rob, and that Rob was a great guy, funny, personable, smart, charming... until he started drinking. He said he coudn't understand why such a nice person could have such a huge blind spot. Maybe the show is bearing that out.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Fogey
    But does that explain his lame personality and lack of articulation?

Drunks are generally interesting people. There are many famous eloquent and witty drinkers. Where does that leave Rob?

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by Christine
    Rob is clearly good looking, he's just incredibly unattractive due to his personality. Unlike men who will screw first and worry about character flaws later, women are usually turned off once they realize the rest of the package is missing. This works in reverse when you see gorgeous women with men who are physically flawed but funny, powerful, intelligent, wealthy, what-have-you.
    Christine - could not agree with you more. Excellent thinking on this one. Rob is the last man in the world I would ever pick.

There was no change of heart for me after last episode. Any guy who would be so physically intimate with a woman he suspects he has no future with (Kelly) is absolute scum. Erin shows class in keeping herself back from a man who has no intention of making the committment.

Originally posted by RaeRae2003
    Any guy who would be so physically intimate with a woman he suspects he has no future with (Kelly) is absolute scum.

I think we need to be sure to paint the women with the same brush that we use on the men. Another way of putting it would be to hold both sexes to the same standard.

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by Candybar
    I think we need to be sure to paint the women with the same brush that we use on the men. Another way of putting it would be to hold both sexes to the same standard.
    Good point Candy. Hopefully Erin wont sell herself short next episode.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Did I miss something?? Did Kelly and him boink?? I don't recall anything nearly as smarmy as the "lost woods" of Joe Millionaire.

I warmed up to him for about 30 seconds. I think it was when he and Kelly were joking around with eachother. Most animated I have ever seen him and it was nice.

Any guy who would be so physically intimate with a woman he suspects he has no future with (Kelly) is absolute scum.
    I guess that you think Andrew Firestone is scum... and every Bachelor for that matter. It was pretty obvious to me that Old Andrew banged Tina the day before he dumped her.

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by stebo
    I guess that you think Andrew Firestone is scum... and every Bachelor for that matter. It was pretty obvious to me that Old Andrew banged Tina the day before he dumped her.
    Stebo - didn't catch that series. But if what you say is true - then yes, he (and possibly she) are scum.

I'm not a big fan of giving action to men who have no serious interest in me (or commitment). If I was, I might as well place a "For Sale" sign around my neck. I'd never lower myself to that level.... But then, we're all different.

Originally posted by brockdrywall
    his hair was all sideshow Rob
    I am really late getting here, but Brock, you are a genius.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I think Rob probably has a much better personality than we have seen so far. I know that the cameras on me constantly would make me behave much differently than normal.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast