+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a FLOM2 ?

FORT Fogey

Will there be a FLOM2 ?

I have mixed feelings about this possibility.

It would seem likely that the second series will be better than the first mostly due to a new man who can't possibly be as lackluster as Rob.

That's GOOD!

The twists that the Network teased us with are now known to all of us. What can they possibly do to make the second series more exciting and better? I can't think of anything.

That's BAD!

Do any of us want to go through the "Groundhog Day" Syndrome where things are just repeated over and over? Unlike with Survivor or TAR, the prospect does not seem promising. That is, unless they really do something new and innovative.

That's GOOD and BAD!

What do you all think?

FORT Newbie
    Hey Caligirl,

I don't believe I'd be giving anything away by telling you that there will indeed be another FLOM. As a matter of fact it's already been shot, and this time around a fine young lady will have to make the choices...

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Ellis
    Hey Caligirl,

I don't believe I'd be giving anything away by telling you that there will indeed be another FLOM. As a matter of fact it's already been shot, and this time around a fine young lady will have to make the choices...
    Yes, I was aware of that. In fact, I posted the article some time ago stating that they were already taping the second edition of this series.

However, in light of the latest unsavory facts that have come to light about Rob, I wanted to pose this question again without directly mentioning him.

Thank you for reminding me that there will be a lady in charge this time. I had forgotten that.

This could be a good show actually. I'm not really sure why I really don't like it (yet I keep watching!) Rob is probably the main reason, I just don't like him at all.

But how could they do the million dollar secret again? Won't everyone already know about it? What would be twist be this time?
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Fogey

How many times can you let the cat out of the bag?

Originally posted by drkim
    This could be a good show actually. I'm not really sure why I really don't like it (yet I keep watching!) Rob is probably the main reason, I just don't like him at all.

But how could they do the million dollar secret again? Won't everyone already know about it? What would be twist be this time?
    Good question, drkim, and one which I have been pondering. I believe the second series was shot before anybody knew the "real" twist so they can safely show that one. Despite the negative publicity (which only related to Rob), the show has garnered some decent ratings, so we'll see what happens.

Other than that, Joe Millionaire which was also supposed to be a one-time show was so successful that they are talking about bringing it back. How are they going to do it? Leave it up to those conniving minds, they'll find a way.

They may reverse the formula. Tell the woman that she will get the million if she can get her man, then tell the men later in the show.

Or

They could also tell the men from the start. The woman will then have to get someone to tell her about it or her last pick will have to tell her about the money before the end, to prove they really want her and not the money. Then they award money to both.

I defintely think it would be more interesting for the viewers if they tweaked the formula a little.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    from zap2it:

"Not one to look a summer gift horse in the mouth, NBC has quickly snapped up a second go-round of "For Love or Money."

The second edition of the dating show is scheduled to premiere Monday, July 14 (at 9pm Eastern), a week after the finale of the current cycle. Bachelor Rob Campos is now down to three women, who will choose between $1 million and him if they make it to the finale.

"For Love or Money 2" will follow the format of the first game, except a woman will choose from 15 men the second time around. She won't know that the guys are jockeying for cash as well as her affections, and NBC is also promising a twist in which the woman "has her own motivation to earn the gentleman's admiration."

The first "For Love or Money" has earned respectable ratings for NBC, averaging about 9.2 million viewers a week and performing well among the network's target audience of adults 18-49. It's also gathered a fair share of headlines detailing bachelor Rob Campos' dismissal from the Marine Corps Judge Advocate General program for allegedly groping a female colleague.
    "

*Time added by John
    Last edited by John; 06-26-2003 at 02:51 PM.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Missed it... what did the commercial say? Were the guys all shirtless himbos?
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Commerical break annouces FLOM 2 ... 15 guys one girl .. and you'll never guess who it is ...

Not much more info.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast