+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There's Gotta Be Another Twist

There's Gotta Be Another Twist

NBC told the women that they'd be appearing on a show called "Looking for Love," and that they could potentially "Meet the man of their dreams".

NBC told Rob that he'd be appearing on a show similar to The Bachelor, and that he could potentially meet "the woman of his dreams."

The host (or would he be called the parasite?) then announced to the women (after they were signed up and locked into the mansion and their contracts) that they would be awarded $1 million if they managed to be the last one standing.

Now we discover that Rob is to be let in on the little secret about the women whoring themselves for him so they can win the money.

So, I'm thinking they're not going to stop there. Are they going to let the women know that Rob knows the secret? And will Rob know something that the women don't know? Like, will NBC give the last woman standing the $1 million, but if she chooses him over the money, then they BOTH get $1 million? But if the woman chooses the money, she gets $1 million, but Rob gets $2 million? Or will they really twist and turn the tables and let us, the viewers, know something that none of the contestants know?

I'm wondering if NBC is going to try to spin something really complex here in order to kick the other networks' booties in the ratings department. I'm betting there's at the very least one more twist in this incredibly amazing enthralling captivating drama, but I can't imagine what it is.

(Can you tell things are slow here at work?)

Okay, what about this scenario:

NBC tells Rob to act like a total jerkwad. Then the final woman standing of course chooses the $1 million over Rob. BUT, Rob is actually a mega-millionaire, and had the woman chosen him over the cash, she would potentially be worth far more than a measly $16,000 a year (assuming Rob was willing to eventually marry her).

Hmmmm, sounds like a remake of Beauty and the Beast ...

It certainly seems plausible. I just find it hard to believe Rob is given free reign and speaks so monotonous. As a LAWYER, it just seems he should have something better to say than, "Your dress matches the rug"

At the very least, he was told to deliberately sound like a moron.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Please keep the discussion PG-13. Thanks! (this applies to the posts I deleted, not the ones above here that I left intact)
    Last edited by John; 06-18-2003 at 09:07 PM.

I'm thinking that they'll tell Rob about the $$, but won't tell the women that they've spilled the beans to Rob. But, I agree with mimi, I think they'll throw in another twist. The conversations next week should be interesting........
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

LG.
    I just saw an ad for FLOM airing during the Tonight Show (6/19) and they showed the producers telling Rob about the million dollar prize for picking him and him going "hmmmmm, ponderous, real ponderous" but no mention of the "choice" aspect for the winner. So, looks like he'll find out about "the twist, part 1" and the women won't know that he knows, so he'll be trying to root out the golddiggers. That's interestink, vedy interestink.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think Rob is told about the winner getting the money, but he doesn't know that the winner must choose between him and the money. I think I'm correct that even the girls don't know the winner has to choose between the money and Rob.

I think the girls won't be told that Rob knows about the money. So the big surprise will be to the girls that Rob knew about the money starting now. And everyone will be surprised about the choice between Rob and money.

I don't know if there will be anything more than that. We'll see becasue for whatever strange reason, I'm still watching this show!
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Hmmmmm, maybe the twist is that NBC told Erin that whomever she chooses receives $1 million, but that he must choose on the spot between her and the cash at the end. If he chooses her, she gets to keep the money. If he chooses the cash, she loses both the man and the cash. High risk for Erin. But in reality, they tell the men ahead of time what's going on, so they play Erin like she played Rob.

+ Reply to Thread