+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBC's Disclaimer: It's not a Million dollars!!

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Originally posted by mimi
    These women signed up for this show because they wanted TV exposure (under the guise of wanting to meet a potential husband). They didn't know about the money until the show began taping.
    Exactly. And after learning about the money, and meeting the guy, it very quickly became clear to all of them that NBC lied about the guy, and the only compelling reason to stay (at least from what we can see) is the money. I can't see why any of them would debase themselves in any way just for the $18K, unless they a) don't understand what an annuity is, or didn't read the fine print on the contract, or b) have some other reward in mind (more fame and exposure, another secret on the show, a trista wedding...). Plainly speaking, it doesn't seem like the women have been given motivation consistent with their actions. Why are they still in it to win it?

Unless there are more things in heaven and earth then dreamed of in your carefully edited reality show, Horatio.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

I agree you don't go on a show like this just to find a guy. Especially when you can see the track record of the contestants on the Bachelor. None of them have ended in marriage.
    "....Saving one dog won't change the world, but surely the world will change for that one dog..."

What I don't get is how all the women narrate these little blips about how interesting and intriguing they find Rob, and how they're really beginning to fall for the guy. Yet the dates seem so dull and lifeless, and it's as if we're watching Andrew and Amber discussing the pros and cons of Italian food for hours on end. So either NBC is selecting the dullest, stupidest moments of their dates to throw us off track, or these women are trying to convince themselves and all of us that this guy is a catch. (But if they end up finally catching Rob, will antibiotics cure it?)

These women will be collecting their $18k per year Loooooooooong after their 15 minutes are up and we've forgotten their names (which should take about 2 weeks). Ain't nothin' wrong with cashing in a little, if you're up to the scrutiny.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by John
    These women will be collecting their $18k per year Loooooooooong after their 15 minutes are up and we've forgotten their names (which should take about 2 weeks). Ain't nothin' wrong with cashing in a little, if you're up to the scrutiny.
    I believe it will only be one woman.

Unless, of course, they make another one of these series. One never knows what evil lurks in the minds of these geniuses who put the proverbial hundred smoking monkeys in the back room in front of computers and order them to churn out more "dreck."

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Originally posted by brockdrywall
    Remember, the operative phrase is "GOLD-digger," not "certainly-nice-enough-but-not-at-all-a-precious-metal-digger"
    Snicker, snicker.

The idea of Rob macking on me for only 18K a year for 20 years, well, I don't think I could do it. But in Ted Kacsynski's shack, 18K a year is real gold.

Lauren is the only one to say flat out that she wants the money and not the man.

18k a year is dope. my mortgage is 550 a month, car payments 300. that would give me enough to live fine and chill for the rest of my life. I only make about 2k a month now anyway, looking for a sugar momma.

Do the women get paid for appearing on TV, even if they don't win? You know, like the REAL cases with REAL people on The People's Court.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I would make a fool out of myself on tv for 6 weeks for 18k a year. I wouldn't even mind if everyone came on here and called me a gold digger. I might even agree with everyone. Of course your talking to someone who's been scrapping by on love for 13yrs so yes I'm ready for the check.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I'd make a fool out of myself for free. That's just the kinda gal I am. I don't think I'd mack on Rob though. That they would have to pay me the 18K for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast