+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Love or Money's' Campos Auditioned for 'Bachelor'

'Love or Money's' Campos Auditioned for 'Bachelor'

'Love or Money's' Campos Auditioned for 'Bachelor'
    Mon, Jun 16, 2003 02:44 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Rob Campos really must believe in the power of TV-matchmaking.

The star of NBC's "For Love or Money" sent an audition tape to the producers of "The Bachelor" before landing his current gig, in which he chooses a girl from 15 hopefuls who are, unknown to him, also playing for $1 million.

The syndicated entertainment-news show "Extra" is planning to air Monday (June 16) an audition tape Campos sent to producers of "The Bachelor" earlier this year. He was trying out for the most recent edition of the show, in which Andrew Firestone got the title role.

("Extra" and "The Bachelor" are both produced by subsidiaries of Warner Bros.)

This latest bit of dirt comes after the revelation that Campos was dismissed from the U.S. Marine Corps' Judge Advocate General training program in 1999 for allegedly groping a female colleague. He left the Marines not long after that, and no public charges were filed.

Last week, the Dallas law firm where Campos rented office space and did some work on a contract basis announced it would no longer associate with him. He tells "Extra," however, that the notoriety hasn't been bad for business.

"In the last few days, I've received four offers from law firms to work with them," he says. "I received calls this morning from three new clients."

Alan
    Last edited by John; 06-18-2003 at 09:16 AM.

I just find it so hard to believe that law firms would court him! They must be the ambulance-chasing, late night TV commercial kind of "firms." I can believe clients calling him - lonely women.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Yarrrrrrhhh!!!
    I'm so glad his career is doing well. The idea of his law career ending just because of a few acts of bad judgment pisses me off! Get real! I'm sure all of you have skeletons in your closets! Kudos to the law firms that have offered him work.
    Just Paint!

lol_its_fun
    Originally posted by NoHoArtist
    I'm so glad his career is doing well. The idea of his law career ending just because of a few acts of bad judgment pisses me off! Get real! I'm sure all of you have skeletons in your closets! Kudos to the law firms that have offered him work.

I wouldn't generalize everyone here and say the guys here are all as bad as Rob. I would say "most" people have skeletons in their closets. But would all the guys here get drunk and then harass women? I don't think do. At least I have never done that. If you know you can't control yourself after having a few alcoholic drinks, then don't drink. Stupid!

I'm glad Andrew made it and not Rob. While Andrew seemed very serious about finding the right woman (and I believe he did) Rob just seems like he's trying to get laid.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    This is STOOOPID!!!!
    Who cares that he auditioned for Bachelor? okay it's news, he wanted a little bit of Fame... but worthy of a news segment (albeit entertainment news)?

Auditioning for the shoes in of itself doesn't make him a bad person! Hell, i've applied to 6 Survivor's and 2 BB- Crucify me please!

FORT Fogey

We wuz Robbed!

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    I'm glad Andrew made it and not Rob. While Andrew seemed very serious about finding the right woman (and I believe he did) Rob just seems like he's trying to get laid.
    I couldn't have said it better, Miss F.

Andrew had some sort of integrity and pride in his family. What have we seen of Rob's family and are they all as mealy-mouthed as he is?

Incidentally, I doubt whether Rob is looking to continue his career in Law. If he has applied to other shows, it is quite clear that he is taking another career path.

He didn't even make it to the final five as a candidate. ABC must have found the skeletons in his closet and he is as dull as a dumb-bell, plus ABC pretty much decided to go with a real Joe Mil.
    Snark with the best
    Die like the rest

FORT Fanatic
    I read somewhere that Rob is interested in a career in Hollywood. So.... he's looking for anything that might open the door to that type of career.

The Show

I love this show it hooked me right away. I am no fan of the Bachelor I have tried to watch it and both times I was so bored. For Love or Money moves at a quicker pace and has more twists and turns.
    "....Saving one dog won't change the world, but surely the world will change for that one dog..."

+ Reply to Thread