+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speculation without verification

Hey Brock, you keep on rooting for fodder! These shows are quite amusing, but the recaps, commentary and speculation between shows are 10 times more entertaining. We don't know these contestants, so anything we say is merely jeering from the grandstands.

I think the people who actually know these contestants and post personal information are far more culpable than we are. But that's a whole 'nother thread.

When these contestants have knowingly put forth themselves out into the public eye (bikini contests, nudie magazine pix, web sites, bad poetry, public speaking engagements, competing on reality TV shows, etc.), then they're basically begging for attention. And there's a pretty good chance our interpretation of their actions isn't always going to be very flattering.

But back to Candy's point ... sometimes the "facts" about these people is one-sided or undocumented, and we tend to accept hearsay as truth. Maybe we can invite Rob onto the forum so he can dispute any allegations for us. (Rob, are ya listening?)

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Originally posted by mimi
    Maybe we can invite Rob onto the forum so he can dispute any allegations for us. (Rob, are ya listening?)
    I think we'd find that the contestants don't take any of this really personally... I know that some of Kelly's friends on this board have said she loves the attention.

Perhaps someone should dig Mr. Campos email up from his registration record for robcampos.com and invite him over for tea and strumpets?
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Tea and strumpets.

If we can't make fun of these shows, what is the point of watching? If I was looking for highbrow entertainment, I'd set my channel on PBS.

Reality TV brings out reality conversation. Period.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Originally posted by cali
    Every post needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
    Exactly. A huge grain of salt.

On a large margarita glass...
    Nothing is as terrible to see as ignorance in action. (Goethe)

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Well, naturally this show can only be taken with a huge margarita. Salt optional. Tequila mandatory.

To quote Senator John Blutarsky, "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily."

"You should listen to him, Flounder. He's pre-Med."
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12