+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A New Twist?

A New Twist?

From the very beginning of watching this show, I thought there was likely something we didn't know (and I'm not referring to Rob's military past, Paige's website, Alima's sexual experience or lack thereof, or the fact that Kelly seems to know everyone who posts here).

As Rob become dumber and dumberer... and more of a jerk, I'm starting to think I'm right.

Here goes: if the girl picks the money, she gets $1,000,000 (spread over 40 years, an amount one could make delivering pizza). However, if even after Rob proves to be King Jerk from the island of Arseholes, she picks love instead of money, she gets BIG money ($5M, or maybe $1 all at once, or somesuch). Also, he's motivated to be as absurd and boorish (and stupid) as possible, because if he gets them to pick the money, HE wins money too.

What do y'all think?

PS - I can't stand the ending sequence. I thought the rose ceremony was bad (especially the host coming out to remind us every show that there's only one rose left ... we can count). But this one is way worse. I don't want to listen to Rob stammer through one more "You know, I just, um, like, hope that, um we could like, you know, get to know each other a little better," or "I really like your dress, but you can, like, go home now."

Well, there's already a twist we know about. The girls, right now, think it's the guy AND the million. When it gets down to the last girl, she will be told it's the guy OR the million instead.

I wouldn't look too far beyond that twist.

We knew that going into the first episode. It was in the promos, and in the newspaper writeups... But as it started, I started thinking that there must be something else, and as Rob became more of a loser, it seemed to be more plausible - he's acting that way (or was selected that way perhaps) because he's TOLD to.

Originally posted by mbcrowder
    But as it started, I started thinking that there must be something else, and as Rob became more of a loser, it seemed to be more plausible - he's acting that way (or was selected that way perhaps) because he's TOLD to.

You know the shots are not candid I am sure. The hot tub scene. THe shots are set up. He was certainly told to go from girl to girl and they were probably also sent in and out of the hot tub. because there were too many and it would have screwed up the shots. So where he is floating from girl to girl it is directed to get the shots. Then it is cut to what you saw which some producer thought would look hot.

Must discern between him being an oaf and what is set up.

Lots of smoke and mirrors.

FORT Fogey

Re: A New Twist?

Originally posted by mbcrowder
    From the very beginning of watching this show, I thought there was likely something we didn't know (and I'm not referring to Rob's military past, Paige's website, Alima's sexual experience or lack thereof, or the fact that Kelly seems to know everyone who posts here).
    "Six degrees of separation" has got nothing on Kelly, former Campus Queen at IU.

I don't want to listen to Rob stammer through one more "You know, I just, um, like, hope that, um we could like, you know, get to know each other a little better," or "I really like your dress, but you can, like, go home now."
    I totally agree with you.

I don't know whether NBC is playing dumb or being dumb about this show. Rob is the anti-Bachelor. Even Alex (Bachelor 1) had more personality than this guy and so did Host Chris.

It appears that the so-called "twists" are more important than the individuals that are selected for this show.

lol_its_fun
    I believe that most of the girls would choose the money over the prick unless the prick is very weathly and has showed the girls by choosing him, the girl is going to have much more than $1 million. Otherwise, I doubt anyone would pick the guy unless 1. the show is scripted, or 2. the girl is dumb and dumber, or 3. the girl herself is so rich and $1 million is nothing to her.

Would you pick conditional love or $1 million? Get it.

I also suggest one more new twist for NBC next time. If the girl pick $1 million, then the host will announce that the other twist is she will owe NBC $2 million. hahahaha

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well the guy OR the million from the little I've seen of this show is an easy choice.

In fact, I think I'd be willing to PAY money if I never had to see this boring a-- punk again if I were on the show.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    This show MIGHT redeem itself in my eyes if Rob was being an ass on purpose.
    ~*~ Maji *~

If Rob is faking being a drunken letcherous socially retarded half-wit, then he deserves an Academy award. He's doing an excellent job!

Originally posted by MajiH
    This show MIGHT redeem itself in my eyes if Rob was being an ass on purpose.

Originally posted by mimi
    If Rob is faking being a drunken letcherous socially retarded half-wit, then he deserves an Academy award. He's doing an excellent job!

I am laughing so hard I am crying. Now don't yell at me please but really I feel bad for this guy he is so screwed up. Alcohol has him by the you know whats.

+ Reply to Thread