+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBC Announcement regarding For Love Or Money

NBC Announcement regarding For Love Or Money

NBC STATEMENT REGARDING 'FOR LOVE OR MONEY'

BURBANK, Calif. -- June 9, 2003 -- The producers of “For Love or Money,” Bruce Nash Entertainment and NBC Studios, investigated Rob Campos, as well as other potential participants, prior to selecting them for participation in “For Love or Money.” In connection with the investigation, the producers learned that Mr. Campos is a practicing attorney who is a member in good standing of the Texas state bar. NBC and Nash were not aware of the incident that occurred while Mr. Campos was in the military. The incident is not public record, and thus was not found in the public record searches conducted by the investigator hired by the show. Nor did Mr. Campos inform the producers about the incident. Clearly, this would have been material information during the screening process.

At this point, NBC and Nash have completed production of the show. The actions of the participants were carefully monitored throughout the production. NBC and Nash only learned about the incident on Friday.

Mr. Campos has issued the following statement: “I have apologized to NBC and Nash for not informing them about the incident. I had believed that it was a private matter that had been resolved. I received two commendations while in the military, as well as an honorable discharge, and did not believe that the incident was relevant to my potential participation in the show. In connection with the incident, I have acknowledged that I behaved inappropriately.”

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!

Re: NBC Announcement regarding For Love Or Money

Originally posted by John
    Mr. Campos has issued the following statement: “I have apologized to NBC and Nash for not informing them about the incident. I had believed that it was a private matter that had been resolved. I received two commendations while in the military, as well as an honorable discharge, and did not believe that the incident was relevant to my potential participation in the show. In connection with the incident, I have acknowledged that I behaved inappropriately.”
    Wonder what smarty wrote THAT for him?? If Rob had really said it, it would be full of "um, er, darn, carpet, em."

Rob is a dope.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Sounds like NBC reads these boards!

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Originally posted by mimi
    Sounds like NBC reads these boards!
    In that case... NBC, I have a very private message for you that in no way can be said on a PG-13 board. Weasels.

I love how they claim that since it wasn't a matter of public record, they are free and clear. You can do a public record search on the web for $20. If you hire a PI, isn't he supposed to talk to people who may say BAD things about someone, and then you verify whether or not those rumors are true? Took Zelda all of a day to find her way here and allude to what happened... I don't buy NBC's excuse for a second.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

:
    Well let's give Rob the beneift of the doubt!

Those people are all grown and know what they are getting into so if it is for love or money that is their choice.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Originally posted by annray
    :
    Well let's give Rob the beneift of the doubt!
    Benefit of what doubt, Ann? He did attack that officer in the Marines. He did lie about it on his resume. He did admit to lying about it to NBC. There is substantial evidence that he has a nasty drinking problem.

What doubt are you referring to?
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Newbie
    I actually feel kinda sorry for Rob. How long and in how public a venue does he have to pay for a past mistake? He's lost his law firm gig, and now NBC is lambasting him for not fessing up to past transgressions. It's not like he was convicted of a felony (much as I don't approve of what he did in the Marines).

It's not his fault that he is typical reality show fodder--NBC and the other networks get what they "pay for" with many of the cast members of these shows. The producers are looking for people who are willing to put themselves out there as entertainment, and who actually think they could meet the right person through a short-term TV show. The people without a past are too mature (and probably already have met someone in the normal ways) to participate on these shows, and to put their lives out for millions to scorn, laugh at, gasp about, hope for, etc.

So, are we expecting maybe too much to expect something better than Rob and some of the other poor characters that want to entertain us?

It was only "not a felony" because it was a military matter. If he did that as a civilian, it would definitely have been a felony.

FORT Fogey
    Rob has had to spend a lot of time apologizing.

FORT Regular
    I feel bad also. He is kinds cute, but that does not give him a right to act so disgusting. Everyone really cares for the safety of these women. Then again it's too bad no celebrity mentioned how tasteless it was a couple months back when every guy media personnel made comments about Miss Lopez's backside.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast