+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is NBC at fault for endangering the women?

FORT Fogey
    I've honestly never seen this show, but there might be law suits coming up later, kind of like on Big Brother 2 when that kid Justin attacked Krista (I think it was her) with a knife and she later sued, because a long history of assaults and criminal activity was uncovered about him...

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by mimi
    But who is shrugging off this incident as nothing? Sounds like the military punished him to the furthest extent they possibly could.
    To be perfectly honest, the military has been known to have a very poor record of punishing sex offenders and typically place rape on the women's record and not the men's, typically constructing the woman as a liability, while the male very rarely gets punished for indiscretion...

As I said in another post (another thread), I'm aware that sexual assault cases are whitewashed in the military, and I gave the Academy in Colorado Springs as a shining example. There are cases there that have recently been front page news for months on end here in Colorado where female rape victims have basically been punished for reporting assaults. However, if the woman that Rob tried to get chummy with refused to press charges, I don't think they could have doled out anything more harsh than what they did.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I can't quite understand people saying that getting groped unwillingly by a drunk or not so drunk person is NO BIG DEAL. Hey, it isn't worth a lawsuit or anything, but it is inappropriate behavior. Being drunk is not an adequate excuse for that kind of behavior.

Rob Campos was just lucky that the woman he groped did not want to file charges. With his background, he should have known to avoid the pursuit of fame.

I don't think NBC is endangering the women because they have not been left alone with Campos (he does seem to have a bit of a drinking problem). Camera people are always around.

Administering a swift kick to the goners was a good move though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ah Fluff you always crack me up.

And yeah, the women were never in danger.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I can't see that these women were ever "endangered". There were cameras there 24/7. Of course, there is no excuse for what he did but that happened quite awhile ago. These women were able to say no to him any time they felt he was inappropriate. If he were to grope any of them they could complain about it and put a quick end to it. It seems to me that they're quite willing to go along with whatever he wants to do.
    I don't think what happened to him in the past has anything to do with these women on the show now.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Fogey
    I haven't seen the show, but I'm assuming they were never in danger. However, I think there will still be some law suit to come of this from one of the embittered girls who wishes to increase her fifteen minutes of fame. Happens on too many of these reality shows...

lol_its_fun
    Without reading all the posts in this thread, the simple answer to the question is NO. I think NBC has no responsbility to ensure the guy is a gold mine or sugar daddy ( This show is NOT called " THe Bachelor") unless the contract that they signed with the ladies guarantee the credibility of the man ( but NBC has to be really stupid to do that ). I mean who can guarantee the weathly guy that you are dating is not a psycho. The women just have to use their common sense or if they are dumb enough to sleep with the stranger, that is their business.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast