+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is NBC at fault for endangering the women?

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    I'm reconsidering... I don't suspect anyone on the show was in any danger at any time. I mean, a TV production... it must have been well-supervised and secure, right? I mean, lots of safeguards and rules in place, right?

I mean, at least as safe as, I don't know, a U.S. Marines barracks?
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

touche!

Who ever wins can decide if she wants him or the money. All these women now know exactly what they are getting

The winner can decide if she wants him with baggage or a cool million!!

FORT Newbie
    I went to the Premiere Party in Chicago, and heard from several of the contestants that they were never, ever, alone with Rob WITHOUT AT LEAST ONE CAMERAMAN/woman BEING THERE TOO!!! NBC couldn't risk any of the girls slipping him the 1 million dollar secret. The girls were not even allowed to talk on the phone with Rob without cameras.

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by brockdrywall
    And are those guys given carte blanche to 15 women and keys to the liquor cabinet?
    Hey. it's reality tv. not morality tv

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by annray

Who ever wins can decide if she wants him or the money. All these women now know exactly what they are getting
    The winner can decide if she wants him with baggage or a cool million!!
    annray,
    I would think that any of the woman left would take the money over him (if they had any brains) based on what he has done on the show so far. But don't forget they can't factor in the whole groping the female marine issue into it because the show was taped months ago and that story just came out.

I don't buy it that NBC didn't know about Rob's past. They should be sued for intentional endangerment.

FORT Fanatic
    The women would not have known about Rob's past because I am sure the filming was over weeks ago. However, given Rob's actions during the first two weeks, there's absolutely nothing there that would make the women choose him over the $.

Interestingly, there's absolutely NOTHING in the media about them or any of the girls. You know how ABC runs articles about the Bachelor.

It amazes me that of all these reality shows supposedly matching up couples, there is little coverage after the show...except for the Bachelor.

To brockdrywall,
    Sorry about the delayed response, re Monday night's Extra and Inside Edition. They didn't make a big deal about the time of their interviews; they just mentioned that they'd spoken with him earlier. I can't remember the exact language, but it was clear that the interviews weren't "earlier that day."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

baxpup, I don't watch all of these shows, but Joe M. and For Love or Money are ridiculously rushed, the contestants are isolated from the outside world, family and friends and therefore the relationships are entirely contrived by the producers and editors.

Even if Evan and Rob were as appealing as Andrew Firestone there is no chance any girl could have fallen truly in love under those circumstances. While the Bachelor dating scene is unusual, he has had a chance to form some sort of relationship with the last 3 or 4 girls. They have talked to his friends and he has talked to theirs. They have broken bread with each other's families. They have had overnight dates where they've had a chance to discuss what they want out of life. The bachelor and bachelorettes have had time alone with their respective families and friends to gain some perspective.

No one knows whether the final relationship will lead to happily ever after, but at least there is a relationship to succeed or fail, which is why there's such a high demand from the public for follow-up. Chasing up Zora/Evan and Rob/Unlucky Contestant is just going to expose the fact that these couples barely know each other and have no interest in being together outside of their contractual obligations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast