+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is NBC at fault for endangering the women?

FORT Newbie

groping=not criminal

What he did is not criminal. The Navy did not "kick him out", they transferred him. His record shows he simply did not complete the JAG program. He received 2 other commendations and was honorably discharged. All those subtleties are important. I think this is all carefully orchestrated media hype to boost ratings for the show.

Wow, it really sounds like I am defending him, but I just realized how everyone was getting carried away with accusations and exaggerations.

God, maybe I should become a criminal defense attorney!

I am not taking his side, but it seems that this from reading the "smoking gun" article that she (the Navy girl) had been pursuing him earlier in the evening and he had called her and she had given him directions to her room. Rob probably thought, Yay, booty call time. When he finally showed up, she probably changed her mind as women have the right to do ("he's not as good looking as I remembered at the bar", "he reeks of alcohol", "what the heck am I doing") and told him to get lost whereupon he groped her, she kicked him in the nuts ("way to go, JAG girl!!!) and ran away.
    Hmmm, I read the same article, and that appears to be HIS side of the story. A story that involves him not remembering a single thing after receiving and following those directions to her room - how odd. If he were sober enough to find his way to her room from directions on a phone, you'd think he'd remember getting kicked in the 'nads hard enough to vomit all over the place. I know *I'd* remember.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Crazy idea... if NBC is truly sorry for putting this show together with a leading man who turns out to have been dismissed from the Marines for conduct unbecoming an office, and now dismissed from his law practice, do they have the responsibility to stop profiting on this by no longer airing the show?

Or should they just go ahead on their merry way and make light of it all by posting a golddigger quiz on their website? Because, as we all know, Rob is a jerk and the women are all shallow and worthy of scorn and ridicule for using him for money, and that's all very entertaining, right?

This whole thing rather sickens me. It was fun, but now it's just pathetic and sad. Rob's life is pretty much ruined (not that he's not a jerk, but I assure you he never predicted this when they found him at a bar one morning months ago and promised him a show where he'd get to pick from the women of his dreams), and they are doing everything they can to deny any culpability, while painting all the participants as venal people who just get what they deserve. This isn't entertainment. It's slander and public humiliation.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

I have a feeling NBC knew. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the ones who leaked it to the Smoking Gun. Anything for "ratings". I hope it backfires on them.

FORT Fanatic
    Interestingly, the only way this fella is going to get his 15 minutes of fame is if we give it to him.

NBC blew it big time on this one.

It's a shame that someone has to have their life completely destroyed because NBC is chasing ratings. If they set this guy up for the ultimate humiliation and guaranteed failure, shame on them. I think Rob made a huge mistake and really acted like a jerk, but it happened years ago and he already faced and paid the consequences. I'm not justifying or condoning what he did, but I'm actually feeling kind of sorry for him.

FORT Newbie
    I tried to put myself in the women he "grouped" shoes. If someone ran my buzzzer, I opened the door, and it was a very large man who goes for my chest, I would be extremely frightened. This was not some frat house incident that happens in collage. He was 30 years old!!! I really don't think there is any excuse for that, ever! I don't care if she did lead him on, which he says (and she denies). Come on! And quite honestly, I don't feel sorry for him at all. I think it takes a pretty cocky person to have done something like that and think it wouldn't come out. Rob didn't have to be on the show. He would be just fine right now, the past tucked away, if he didn't decide to try to become famous. He made several stupid decisions and is paying for them now.

Feel sorry for the girl he frightened.

Well, it certainly makes the show less of a moral challenge for the contestants -- which would you prefer -- a sexually aggressive, misogonystic sleazeball ("Which one of you is gonna take my boots off?? Turn around!") or a million dollars? They didn't even need to know about his past --he seems to be showing his true colors on his own. The question is, did they, or should they accept his apology for current behavior?

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    What if it turns out the show gives Rob money? How come he hasn't complained that he was treated unfairly... I mean, because of this show, he just got FIRED! This is a guy who tried to weasel out of an aborted sexual assault by saying he was too drunk to remember... isn't it odd that he isn't making any excuses now, but is instead harping on his medals and honorable discharge?

I think he's in it with NBC, and the girls are the ones who are going to get twisted at the end.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Hmmmm. Yes, NBC is at fault. I do think it is their job to make sure the person they are trying to convince women, "is the man of their dreams!" (which we have heard time and time again) is just that....a man worthy of being the man of your dreams.

I don't feel bad for Rob. Going into this thing with that kind of checkered past opens you up to the media and you get what you deserve.

As far as the groping thing goes, there is no way I can defend that. I'm telling you right now, any guy who tried to cop a feel off me in a bar would leave with his testicals tied in a neat bowtie around his neck.

What he did was wrong and, in my eyes, criminal.

I think this guy sucks. Pure and simple. Sucks.
    ~*~ Maji *~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast