+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the show rigged?

Is the show rigged?

Ok, is it just me or is this show rigged? Did the producers tell Rob to apologize to the girls and there is no connection between Erin and Rob, so why does he keep picking her? It is just my gut but I think this show is totally orchestrated? What are other people's opinion?

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I think the producers did ask Rob to apologize. They can't have ALL the women hating Rob. First, I thought they helped Rob select the women to go on, but last night, I think he picked to continue all the women he snogged. Consequently, I don't think they helped him pick last night.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    In the disclaimer at the end, in addition to announcing that the million dollars will be paid out over 40 years, they also announce this little tidbit:

"Contestants on the show may consult or be consulted by producers in making their decisions."

This sounds like legalese for we reserve the right to tell them who to pick and what to do.

Rigged? Of course. Welcome to Quiz Show, part II.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Oops. I posted this in another thread about Rob's background scandal before reading this one.

Both Extra and Inside Edition cited interviews they'd had with Rob on the subject BEFORE the story broke. This makes me think that the producers knew all about this, sent out a news release to The Smoking Gun and other tabloid-type outlets, and arranged interviews with Rob. The condition being that no one could report this until Monday or Tuesday -- when they could milk the hell out of it to promote that week's episode.
    I think reality television is heading for a fall, given the all the manipulations (sponsors meddling in content, scripted "reality" etc.) It won't match the 1950s quiz show scandals, since I don't think fake reality is an FCC matter. But I do think a story's going to break about the phoniness of it all.
    It's too bad, because I love the genre as much as I used to like talk shows -- until the format got bastardized by shows like Springer and Jenny Jones.
    I'm seeing a similar pattern of exploitation here ...
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

To answer your question. I think this show is rigged. Something about it bothers me.

Remember the Romans throwing people into the lion-filled arenas for entertainment? Has human nature changed much? We're watching a man's life get torn to shreds, and NBC wants us to clap and beg for more. Something about this show is really bothering me, too.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    How about this theory...

Rob left the law office a while ago, and rumors have him trying out for soap operas. Both he and his law firm are claiming he wasn't fired because he never really worked there. NBC claims they knew nothing about the story till it broke on the Smoking Gun, and it's coincidence that their star has a shady background.

I suspect NBC knew, and Rob knew, and they've already paid him as the 'winner' of show 1 in return for him allowing the scandal to break so they could get the best ratings possible.

You'd think a guy who suffered through law school and had his own practice would be pretty broken up about getting fired, right? So why nothing from him?

I am so turning into Oliver Stone.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Rigged? Boy, has to be. I mean, honestly, this show feels so contrived to me it is astonishing.

FORT Newbie

wouldn't he ask about the show name

ok it might just be me or something but wouldnt he ask about the show name and kind of figure it that money had something to do with the show so wouldnt he have figured it out i mean he is on a show call for love or money and its not like he didnt no that was the name of it or anything because on the web site he even said they asked him to be on a show called for love or money so i was just wonderin what u all think about it too

thanks talk to ya'll

to the FORT dirtdevil

I know very little about show production, but expect the producers gave Rob only the 'working title'

I think I remember that the girls on Joe Millionaire were given a different show name than what was actually produced.

Anyway, Rob not knowing the actual title isn't that surprising.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast