+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the show rigged?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the reality genre is heading for a scandal. The degree to which producers rig events is just beginning to be exposed.

Check out this item on MSN:
    “Joe Millionaire” star Evan Marriott continues to talk trash about his TV-arranged romance.
    Marriott has been doing the talk-show circuit in Canada, where, according to one source, he suggested that the show’s producers urged him to pick “winner” Zora. “He said he wasn’t really attracted to any of the contestants,” according to the source. “He was hot for one of the production people. But the producers wanted Zora.”
    And in an interview, the former construction worker had some not entirely kind words for the woman he “chose.” “After the show, we spent two days together,” Marriott told Canada’s National Post. “She had gotten five necklaces, a hope ring, $500,000, and I had chosen her and she still showed me no affection. I was like, ‘Help a brother out!’ Even after the show, she was still uncomfortable and said she still felt weird about the whole thing.”
    Sarah, the show’s runner-up, tried to contact Marriott only once, he said, after she posed for Playboy. “She tried inviting me to the party for the magazine,” he said. Marriott declined. “She did that to launch her career. But I’m doing all this for the money.”
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

Evan vs. Rob Campos

Originally posted by candor
    “She had gotten five necklaces, a hope ring, $500,000, and I had chosen her and she still showed me no affection. I was like, ‘Help a brother out!’ Even after the show, she was still uncomfortable and said she still felt weird about the whole thing.”

Sarah, the show’s runner-up, tried to contact Marriott only once, he said, after she posed for Playboy. “She tried inviting me to the party for the magazine,” he said. Marriott declined. “She did that to launch her career. But I’m doing all this for the money.”
    Suddenly, I have a new-found respect for Evan. Well, respect is too strong a word. Let's just say that he absolutely shines when compared to Rob Campos of "For Love or Money." I thought Evan was a tool before I had to listen to Rob's inarticulateness.

Let's just change our ideas about what finding "true love" on a show really means. It means, "Show me the money!"

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Well, except, Evan seemed to think that Zora should put out for him because the show's producers awarded her with jewelry and $500K. He's no prize.

I wonder why he wanted Zora to put out when he wasn't attracted to her or any of the other contestants. I guess that BJ he took in the bushes was just to make Sarah feel good about herself.

I would like to hear what the producers told Zora. I'm sure she thought he was a total ass after his confession and couldn't wait to get out of there.

Well, except, Evan seemed to think that Zora should put out for him because the show's producers awarded her with jewelry and $500K.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    If FLOM is not rigged for an outcome the producers already scripted, why do they have the disclaimer? Have other shows used this? Sounds to a layperson like a way of saying "we reserve the right to tell the contestant who to pick," which would make this "contest" show fixed.

It would explain the inexplicable dismissals so far also... like Stacey and Laura. Why would Rob get rid of the women he demonstrates the most interest in unless the folks making the show told him to do so because that's how they want the story scripted?

It's just getting more and more suspicious... like from the beginning they saw the good-girl bad-girl dynamics in play, and have gotten rid of anyone who didn't play their roles well.

I bet one million dollars (over 40 years) that tonight we see Lauren go home so you are left with all-good Erin, was evil but now seems to be developing feelings Kelly, and was all good but now seems to be more mercenary and devious Paige.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

I bet one million dollars (over 40 years)

I'm willing to bet that's who we see go as well... although sometimes it seems like Rob really has no clue until the girl actually gets up in front of him.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Regular
    I think all reality shows are rigged to some extent. I know someone who went on "Extreme Dating" and she didn't even know the guy she was supposed to be the ex-girlfriend of!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123