+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For Love or Money - Episode 2 Recap

FORT Fogey
    Oh man I am so glad I fell asleep during this episode! You sure made it a lot more enjoyable! Rob , what a dud!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Great job, Cali. I think I may give up on the show entirely and just read it here. Much more entertaining AND I don't have to look at Rob.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Great recap, CaliGirl!

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who fell asleep half way through this.

Smart thinking CaliGirl in putting in that tape!

Re: For Love or Money - Episode 2 Recap

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    Stacey – This is truly the strangest one of all. He says, “I don’t want this to sound wrong, but I don’t think I was capable of being mesmerized. But I think that this is kind of what you do to me. I feel like I have to try with the other girls. I am so glad I met you blah blah blah…" ELIMINATED.

What the hell is he talking about?

FORT Newbie

EPISODE 2 RECAP

Did anyone mention the crying episode during the so-called apology? Also, don't we all think that the producers put him up to that one? I am doubtful that he really thought what he did was wrong. Another thought ran through my head, what if there is a twist and the twist is that Rob will win a million dollars if the girl he chooses really does LOVE him. Then we would see him choosing girls to STAY who have the potential to ga-ga. Makes me a little suspicious.

My take on Stacy: He was attracted to her physically and had no intention of developing any other kind of relationship.

This guy is not dumb and there is some vulnerability there. Also if he has any kind of a good PA working with him they got him the womans phone number behind the scenes.

Yes getting him to choose only women who he thought would fall in lo,ve with him, that would be one idea for a twist. He would have to be a real dog to do that though and the executive producer would be a real sleaze bag.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Originally posted by Candybar
    Also if he has any kind of a good PA working with him they got him the womans phone number behind the scenes.
    Must not drink while reading ludicrous ideas... must not sip yummy beverage... DAMN! The thought of any of these women even considering hooking up with this liquor monster after the show is almost as funny as...

Originally posted by Candybar
    Yes getting him to choose only women who he thought would fall in lo,ve with him, that would be one idea for a twist. He would have to be a real dog to do that though and the executive producer would be a real sleaze bag.
    C'mon Candybar... give yourself more credit than that!

What are the f*cking odds that the producers are sleazebags? Let's see... they canvassed the bars of Dallas on St. Paddy's MORNING to find a known alcoholic sexual predator and put him in a house full of star-struck women, doused him in booze and Drakkar Noir, and told the women to look and act as easy as possible so they'd have a chance to win a million dollars (well, we can't pay that much for this crappy show, so maybe $400,000). I have NO doubt that NBC and the producers knew everything about Rob beforehand, that they encouraged his behavior, and that they bald-faced lied to every woman there when they brought them in and told them they were going to be on "Looking for Love" competing for a wonderful man.

As much as I dislike Rob (and would love to beat him over the head with my outrageously large cell phone), I am starting to detest the network that put this all together and is playing the role of the innocent as transparently as Paige. Some of the people of the show may not represent well, some have obvious issues, and some are apparently overwhelmed by it all, but let's not forget. As far as we know, they all went into it with the best intentions as represented to them by the producers of the show: 1 great guy, 15 great girls, see who falls in love and see who will do what to win the heart of that person. What they didn't know was:

the winner gets a million dollars
    the million dollars is disbursed over 40 years so NBC only has to pay out $400K, or less if you die before it's all paid
    the guy has been in alchohol rehab
    the guy was shown the door by the marines for attacking and groping a fellow officer
    the show will actively encourage back-biting and fighting among the girls (making them show who they'd keep off the group date)
    the results will be 'encouraged' by the producers to keep the story going

I'll be the first to admit, it's all wickedly entertaining, but I'm reserving my judgement on any of the folks in front of the camera, whilst holding on to a teeming sackfull of Jules Winnifield style righteous indignation for the folks behind the scenes... pretty slimy, sis.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Newbie
    I think NBC has gone to new lows with this show. A million dollars isn't that much (I quoteth Kelly) considering that they pay each of the stars of FRIENDS 1 MILLION PER EPISODE , which turns out to be something like OVER 40 million per year. NBC is getting HUGE ratings for this show, however, much more bang for the buck than their most expensive show, Friends.

FORT Fogey

Re: EPISODE 2 RECAP

Originally posted by Ann Teek
    Did anyone mention the crying episode during the so-called apology?
    You must have missed this bit in my recap:

"Now he shifts into a higher gear and tells them his fantasy. In 30 years, he tells them, when his granddaughter asks him how he met Grandma, he hopes he can tell her that it was in this very house. Oh my STARS! Is there no end to this? Rob gets the obligatory Sensitive-Guy tears even though he says that he had promised his brother he wouldn’t cry. "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast