+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rob's Sordid Past - The Smoking Gun Strikes Again

FORT Newbie

Rob's Sordid Past

Hi Guys!
    I just read everyones comments about my postings regarding knowing Rob. I am sorry It has taken me this long to respond, as I was out of town... I REALLY do know Rob, and no, I am not his ex-girlfriend! My friend is. I knew him through her, so it was not really a friendship, more like, "he's the guy who is one of my best friends boyfriends who treats her like CRAP!!!!" I was never impressed with him.

I happen to be a huge fan of reality dating tv shows and thought it was crazy that I knew someone who was the next bachelor and on top of that, knowing how horribly he treated my friend, as well as knowing a fairly big scandal/secret regarding his past. I am not on here to destroy him, (I'd be posting what he did If i wanted to trash him completely) I just think the whole thing is weird and wanted to share it with you guys, as you seemed to be speaking and guessing about his character in your postings.

That being said, I think everyone will find out soon enough on his past. I am pretty sure the right people are aware of what happened. Rob dated (and cheated with) many women who would like to share their story. (Hell hath no fury as a women (or a few) scorned!!!!) The thing I found truly cocky was him going on the show in the first place. That is kind of nuts, if you have something that you don't want to come out?????

Anyway, I think this board is great, and am glad I found it, this was more or less a way to introduce myself to the forum.

thanks!!!!

So, are you EVER going to tell us? Have our guesses come even remotely close? Are we on the right track?

If you think you need to wait until it's disclosed on a national tabloid, then you should call them up immediately and try to milk a few bucks out of your knowledge of his scandolous past before someone beats you to it. If you're willing to leak it to this very small, elite group of people who read these boards, we promise not to spill the dirt to anyone else (wink * wink * nudge* nudge*).

C'mon, tell us what you know. Or at least give us a very strong hint so that when the sh*t hits the fan for our hero Rob, we'll know you already knew it and aren't making this stuff up. If you're concerned about your identity, assume a new identity and let it all leak out. We'd love to hear it!

FORT Newbie
    Well, Zelda... the heat is now off of you because TheSmokingGun.com has uncovered something very scandalous!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.shtml

FORT Newbie

The story comes out

The Smoking Gun just posted the story about Rob's past. It can be found at http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/campos1.html

It details allegations that he drunkenly groped a female officer when they were in the Navy Justice School in Newport, Rhode Island. He was punished and his military career was significently derailed. He never told NBC about the incident.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    WOW!!! Rob 'Tailhook' Campos... I wonder if this will tie in to the groping he will be doing tonight at 9 ET...

Zelda, we appreciate your discretion, but feel free to confirm or deny anything here... if this guy is gonna brag about how he was considered for Temptation Island and The Bachelor, but turned them down because they took too long, and is actually a slime underneath, then he does deserve to be knocked down a peg, if only so all the women who chase after him now for his fame (and they will), at least have the fair opportunity to know what they're dealing with. Caveat Emptor, motherf***er...

And couldn't ya just tell from the hair that he looked a little, in the words of the great Sarah Silverman, 'date-rape-ey'?
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Geez, is that all? I guess he's one of the very few, scarce men who get liquored up and then in their enhanced delusional state of mind decide that they're magnificent human beings upon whom any female would squeal with delight at the prospect of being manhandled by them. I'm surprised the military even bothered to prosecute him. The Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado is notorious for looking the other way when the cadets rape their female school chums.

I'm not sure I'll even bother to read the article. Zelda, is this what you were referring to?

Guess we were all right about one thing ... Rob looks like a pervert, and perhaps he is.

What an asshole. Why didn't he just come out and say that he thought the statute of limitations on being a slimeball was 2 years, so he thought he was in the clear?

Bad, bad lawyer! No cookie!

"The star of a new NBC reality TV series had his military career derailed after he drunkenly groped the breasts of a Navy officer after barging uninvited into the woman's dormitory room early one morning... Campos said he did not disclose the incident because, "I thought it was a private matter. I thought it was over." And, he surely would have realized, disclosing the incident would have precluded him from being tabbed for the role of the hunky, desirable bachelor. It's a safe bet that NBC would have blanched at casting him opposite female contestants who would have been entitled to know about the chink in Prince Charming's armor.

Well, I gotta say that I'm pretty impressed with our ability to correctly assess someone's character (or lack thereof) merely by watching a couple of hours of completely edited television. You can hide the snake in the pants, but eventually the snake roars its ugly head and the gig's up. I don't know if it was Rob's greasy hair or his lecherous looks, but he was pegged from the get-go.

FORT Newbie
    Yep, that would be the news! It was a huge deal for him at the time (I have a feeling, it is upsetting him
    now, as well). I don't think nbc would have picked him if they knew this. Although, of course,
    it could have been worse, I think this incident shows
    what type of person he is...

Now, i wonder if nbc is going to do some severe editing before the show hits tonight?????

I wonder if NBC didn't know all along... and THAT is why they chose him... now you have to root for the goldigger, right? But what if she does fall in love with the sleaze? Ooooh, the drama!

BTW, I completely agree that getting mr. plowed and grabbing boobs, while wrong and worthy of a kick to the groin, isn't unusual or too horrific... but his explanation, when confronted with evidence, is:

"she got angry because i couldn't get it up."

Rob, buddy, given what a total loser you seem to be, you're lucky. Just imagine how angry she'd be if you HAD gotten it up! Then she'd have had sex with the world's dumbest, dullest man!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast