+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "For Love Or Money 2" Already in the Works

FORT Fogey

"For Love Or Money 2" Already in the Works

The dust hasn't even settled yet on the first episode of "For Love or Money" when sources at NBC revealed it has already been decided that a second season of "For Love or Money" will feature a "bachelorette." The production of the next 6 episodes began last week.

Because all the contestants have been sequestered, they are unaware of the twists that comprise the general premise of the show. The basic idea is that the woman which our eligible single guy selects at the end of the series gets $1,000,000. In an added twist, the woman he chooses then has to decide between taking the big check (paid out in increments after taxes) or continuing the relationship.

Jeff Gaspin and Jeff Zucker, the NBC executives who have given the green light to the next episodes have seen that special something that they believe will become a "hit" with the viewers. With the spate of reality (unscripted) shows attracting the 18-49 demographics, they just might be right.

How are they going to find a woman who is as boring as Rob?

I'll bet that after they take out taxes, that cool million is going to look more like $600,000. That's still a chunk of change, but it's chump change to the network. I think they ought to pay these contestants more money. When you consider the fact that millions of viewers tune in, and compare that to the salaries they pay to the stars on Friends, for example, it's really not much $$$. Not that these contestants are as talented as the actors in sitcoms, but they still draw in the viewers, plus they have to live it down for months (years?) afterwards. I guess they're happy with their 15 minutes of fame and call it a wash.

FORT Fogey
    That's exactly the reason they have these people appear on shows. It's a lot cheaper than paying the cast of "Friends" to recite their stupid lines.

Live it down? It's their claim to fame, mimi. They can milk it for quite some time if they get the right agent. Look at Evan Marriot. He gets $15,000 per appearance.

I have a feeling that shows like this are running out of twists. They have twisted left and right, up and down, bareface and mask.

I also think all the participants in the show, even the one who is not supposed to know, know there are some twists in it, although they are told it is a straight dating show. People are not that dumb. After all, it's after Joe Mil. You can fool all the people all the time. I think it takes something away from the show. It's becoming a pure game.
    Snark with the best
    Die like the rest

LG.
    CG, it looks like you're going to be recapping again.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    "Executive producer J.D. Roth called the early pickup "a real shot in the arm." "(NBC executives) Jeff Gaspin and Jeff Zucker are forward-thinking guys, and they sense that something special happened while we were shooting the first go-round," Roth said."

Oh, something special was happening all right... it's called grounds for litigation!

Odds on round 2 making it to the airwaves? I'd say 3 to 1.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Anybody remeber that the promo said that there will be something in episode 4 that will change things in a big way? Any ideas about what that could be?

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Lesbian hot tub action?
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

The biggest change would be that Rob would actually have something interesting to say.
    Even during his elimination talks with each girl I still found it hard to know if he was asking them to stay or go.

FORT Fanatic
    Originally posted by Candybar
    Anybody remeber that the promo said that there will be something in episode 4 that will change things in a big way? Any ideas about what that could be?

I remember seeing that somewhere further along in the episodes, the girls DO learn that they have to choose either Rob or the money. Maybe that is what comes out in episode 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast