+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On the Lot

Re: On the Lot

Ack it seems like I missed the best one (Will's). I also missed Zach's, but I really enjoyed the one with the roommates and the loves of their lives.

Oddly enough the only one I didn't care for this go-round was "The Move".

Adam's and Will's were good, similar in a way. Same location, and the main character is a guy learning how to relate to his oddly sentient car.

The judges were right, Will's personality comes through in every single short he produces.

The 'Back Seat' short was ok, but the final punchline really made me laugh out loud.

Same with the time-travel short. The 'damsel in distress' showing up with a futuristic gun and saving the day is what made the movie work, for me anyway.

I've got to tell you that I hated EVERYTHING Will has done up until last week's lamps. I think he's lucky he wasn't eliminated with that Spaghetti Western he did. The last two weeks I think he's done a terrific job.

I'm still on the Zach, Jason and Adam train, though.

Adrianna...they should put her in jeans and a t-shirt -- it would be more appropos of her personality. I don't think she and the evening gown mesh very well. I mean, she's got the body for it, but her mannerisms are all wrong (hand on hip, etc.) She's also not the best speaker.

Speaking of, well, speaking, did anybody else wonder if Penny Marshall had drunk a fifth of scotch before she went on the show? I couldn't understand a word she freakin' said!!!!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goalwatcher;2500666;
    Speaking of, well, speaking, did anybody else wonder if Penny Marshall had drunk a fifth of scotch before she went on the show? I couldn't understand a word she freakin' said!!!!
    She kept trying to get the guest director to wrap it up, which only gave her more time to be completely incomprehensible!

What a disappointing night! I only liked Adam's film. Didn't think I'd be saying this, but Zach and Will could be in trouble.

Now that there are four directors left, I hope the upcoming films will be at least five minutes long. And I hope Garry's back next week.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalwatcher;2500666;
    Adrianna...they should put her in jeans and a t-shirt -- it would be more appropos of her personality. I don't think she and the evening gown mesh very well. I mean, she's got the body for it, but her mannerisms are all wrong (hand on hip, etc.) She's also not the best speaker.l
    That would be a travesty! She's the best thing about this show for me. If they are going to make any wardrobe changes, it should be a bikini And... she speaks?

The only one I liked this week was Adam's.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2501083;
    That would be a travesty! She's the best thing about this show for me. If they are going to make any wardrobe changes, it should be a bikini And... she speaks?

The only one I liked this week was Adam's.

Funny how that works...T&A do nothing for me, though I wouldn't mind a bare-chested hunk in boxer briefs, or perhaps a banana hammock, hosting the show.

FORT Fan

Hello All,

I thought some films were good and some were bad. It was an average week for me.

I really liked the musical by Adam. I give it first place. The actor was very good. His dance movements in the car were cute. The film had good a pace once the ignition was on. Adam could have done more with the cop. That is my gripe too. But still the best film of the week.

Sam's Backseat Driver was okay till the end. But the punchline was really good. I give Sam second place.

Will's Road Rage was okay. But the actor was very good. I loved his rage, "I HATE MY CAAARRRRRR!"... "bang! bang! bang!". Reminded me of "I HATE MY COMPUTERRRR". I give Will third place for that expression of rage alone.

Jason's film was a disappointment. I thought all that serious talk between the two actors was a great build-up to something big. The dialog was a little artificial too. In the end it was just a prank between roommates and it wasn't even funny. Wonder if Jason gets immunity for being the first the previous week. Hope he gets to stay. He was quite good till this last film.

Zach's sequel was a disaster. But I like the way he fills the frames. Don't know if they are real locations or sets. But he does know how to fill a frame. But the film had a childish story that wasn't told well either.

Based on this week alone, any of the four except Adam can be eliminated.

I don't like Adrianna Costa much. Her clothes, looks and her voice, I like nothing about her. But I think for some reason she is tolerable. She tried to hit on Kenny. That was just plain wrong.

Can you believe Zach got eliminated? What a shocker

I only liked "Yes Men" and "Army Man". They both had you guessing the whole time - "Where is this story going to go?"

The others were weak IMHO. It was a weak concept to begin with - no offense to you, internet winner lady.

The final scene with the Army Man in a tub with a rustling pile of Barbie Dolls was amazing. So original. kudos to the director.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;2511041;
    It was a weak concept to begin with - no offense to you, internet winner lady.
    If that lame tag line was the best, I can't imagine what they passed over.

I was surprised to see Zack go too. It should've been Sam, and his was just awful this week.

It's a shame we didn't get to see what Zach would have done with this week's theme.

It's a tribute to him, really, that I look forward to his work specifically.

He has made a name for himself regardless of whoever wins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast