+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On the Lot

FORT Fan

Re: On the Lot

Anyone watched the show tonight (7/17)? It was pretty good. I will post my reviews tomorrow since the show may not have aired in all zones.

Kenny was looking smoking hot tonight...

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

It was a good show. Adriana becomes less annoying each week (or else I'm just getting used to her).
    Action is not my cup of tea, but all the films were good. I liked the one with the husband/superhero's mad dash to get his wife some flowers. Can't remember his name (darn). His was the best of the night, IMO. Kenny's was visually trippy, as usual. I thought it was very funny. I liked Andrew's, but the car salesman could have been better. The other two were so-so, but I'm not the one to judge action.

So, after the next elimination, there should be six directors left, right? I think that's what it is.

p.s. KennyLuv, he did look mighty fine. He reminds me of Montgomery Cliff.

JR.

I thought they were pretty good except for the blatant Ford commercial and Kenny's mess. Kenny needs to go, he's nowhere good enough to have that attitude. He should do crappy music videos where his "style" will fit right in.

FORT Fan

All films were quite good. My favorite was the car salesman film. The car chase was well filmed. The entire film moved very fast yet kept the characters and the story smooth sailing. I give Andrew first place this week, followed by Jason with his wedding anniversary comic-action. It was very creative. The film started slow to establish a premise and then it flew at jet speed. But it was more comedy than action. So, I give it second place.

Sam's film was good action film and moved very fast, but like the judges said the story was not told well. I give him third place. Mateen's film was okay. The foot chase was so long I couldn't wait for it get over.

Coming to Kenny... the film was amateurish. I did like all those visual effects but except the physics guy and the blonde girl all the other actors were terrible. It was Kenny's job to teach them to act, even if it is a miniscule part. Kenny was focussed on his skating trick like an adolescent boy. Also, the editing was not crisp, especially considering that it was an action film. The scenes sometimes dragged a little too long. Kenny has a lot of potential but he needs to get formal training in film making. Natural talent can take him only so far, but learned/acquired knowledge will take him a long way. All that said, I still like him despite his arrogance.

lopevian, I think you nailed it. I am a big fan of Montgomery Clift. Have collected almost all of his movies, and three biographies. Now I know why I like Kenny.

Three weeks to go, and we're down to five directors. I think the weakest film of the night was Sam's, the one about the wedding invitations. Andrew's was only so-so. I agree with Garry Marshall that Zach's film played a lot like an "homage to Spielberg". It wasn't funny, but it was fun. Adam's was funny, in big part to Patrick Kerr, who was always hilarious as Noel Shempsky on 'Frasier'. Will's film was adorable, as were the lamps! I hope his kids loved it. The winner of the night (and for a second straight week), IMO, is Jason, hands down. His film was superb, and the title was creative...'Old Home Boyz'.

KennyLuv, sorry about Kenny...
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

FORT Fan

This week's films were not that good. If I have to choose the best one, I would choose Jason's. He is also quite consistent in his film-making. Zach's film comes second but far behind the first. Will's night lamps was cute. Other three films were not good at all. I think that two of those three will get eliminated next week.

Very sad to see Kenny get eliminated. But he was gracious and accepted that he needs to learn a lot. I liked his humility as much as I liked his confidence/arrogance. He will do well. My best wishes to him.

lopevian, thank you. You are always so kind.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;2490025;
    Very sad to see Kenny get eliminated. But he was gracious and accepted that he needs to learn a lot. I liked his humility as much as I liked his confidence/arrogance. He will do well. My best wishes to him.
    I forgot to mention how well he took the elimination. It impressed me when he said that what he learned was he has a lot to learn. Very classy exit!

JR.

I didn't really like any of the films this week, but I don't blame the filmmakers as much as I blame the genre. I hate romantic comedies, so I had low expectations going in. If I had to pick one to go it would be Sam, it was lame all around.

What I learned from this past week is that in a Romantic Comedy, the acting has to be at least reasonable. For instance. The bride - to - be was too much of a shrew, there was no chemistry between these supposed lovebirds. Basically the directors-in-training can't use action and special effects to cover their lack of experience at directing actors.

Unless, of course, your direct a couple of desk lamps

ManySkills! What Will drew out of those lamps was truly amazing! Imagine what he could do with living breathing animated objects.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast