+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 6/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I would have liked Jason's, but the way it was shot gave me a headache. I found all those weird camera angles annoying. I liked the plot, though.

I really liked Will's, even a little bit more than Zach's. The other two were awful - I'd enjoyed Mateen's first effort but this one was boring as hell. Jessica's might have been good had it been the tree witnessing an actual murder, but the sawing off of one of its limbs was just idiotic. I would have been seriously embarrassed to show that in front of Wes Craven, of all people.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The tree "horror" one reminded me of a really bad made for tv movie about a woman who captured babies to feed to a tree. Yeah, a movie just like it sounds.. terrible and Jess' was that much worse!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

It seems to me that Jessica, though talented in the "know-how" department, is way too self-indulgent in her ideas. I still really dig her imagination though, but that film was a mess. The concept was whack (pun intended), IMO.

Will's film was entertaining, but I agree with the judges about putting some dialog in his next one.

Mateen's was really boring. It's weird too, because his first one was so lively.

Jason's had a terrific concept, but I hate sad endings, so that killed (pun intended) it for me.

Zack's was the best of the night, I think. The little girl was terrific.

FORT Fan

The best made film was Jason's. Nicely cut and mixed. But I wish that the whole miraculous power was the character's hallucination. Apparently not. The guy really has a miraculous healing power. He was touched by God. And Jason preached at the beginning. Total turn off.

Mateen's movie dragged on forever with bad actors. Ordinary story with too much seriousness put on it. The closeups were so close it was just eyes, nose and mouth most the the time in the frame. Poor job!

Glass eye was well made. But I did not quite get the story until after it was over. Should have had a sharp finish. But it didn't.

Jessica's film was rather strange. I don't know what to say about it.

Sunshine girl was a sweet story. But I have seen a similar concept before. Also the film dragged a bit. Liked the colors.

I did not like any of the films :-(

Who do ya think is going home tonight? My guess is Jen, though I kinda liked her short for some reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12