+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Lex

6/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Is this show not being covered anymore? Well, it won't stop me from talking about this week's episode.

First, I loved Andrew's "Polished" and Shira-Lee's "Beeline." Those were really good and really funny. And the background music both of them picked really helped out during the build-ups.

And I liked the Cupid one, but not as much as the other two. The last one, the one about the kid's rage over his father's death, was very interesting. I don't think it worked for me, but it definately wasn't bad.

And now we come to Marty's movie. Does anyone else think he's a complete tool?

He made what was basically another trailer. This one told more of a story, but it was still in trailer format. It has become clear to me that he doesn't care about making short films and following the rules. He seems to only want to make "Spielberg movies" - his words.

But what he is too stupid to understand is that you can do really good movies in a 1-3 minute format. Just look at the other people in the contest. They are all capable of telling a complete story in a short format. And their short films have been great. Even tonight, the three people who went ahead of him told a good, compete story. And their movies were good.

You don't need 2-hours and a blockbuster budget to be a good filmmaker. If Marty is incapable of making the kinds of films he's being asked to make, then maybe this competition isn't for him.

So, now that my rant is done, what did everyone else think?
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

FORT Fan

Re: 6/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Praise gosh! Hilary was spared! AGAIN!

I have to say I have given up on this show. TPTB have jacked it around so much that I have lost all interest & since this is only the third post on this thread I guess I'm not alone. To bad, I thought it had mucho potential & it may still have, but I'm gone.

What are they trying to do, get the host a date?

Lex

EDIT: Heh. Wrong show.
    Last edited by Lex; 06-13-2007 at 12:08 PM.

I was actually a little disappointed in most of the films.

- "Polished" seemed, well, polished, with good production values, but the revenge theme seemed mean-spirited. But that's just me.

- For me "Beeline" was the best, though I thought the rapport between the Mom and the kid was stilted at best. I mean, the punchline fell reallly flat.

- The "Edge" film was kinda self-indulgent. Sorry. I did, however, like the image of the beer pouring out onto the rock. There were some original images there, at least.

I find this show very intriguing, and I never miss it. I can't for the life of me figure out why it has such a low viewership.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex;2438463;
    Is this show not being covered anymore? Well, it won't stop me from talking about this week's episode.

First, I loved Andrew's "Polished" and Shira-Lee's "Beeline." Those were really good and really funny. And the background music both of them picked really helped out during the build-ups.

And I liked the Cupid one, but not as much as the other two. The last one, the one about the kid's rage over his father's death, was very interesting. I don't think it worked for me, but it definately wasn't bad.

And now we come to Marty's movie. Does anyone else think he's a complete tool?

He made what was basically another trailer. This one told more of a story, but it was still in trailer format. It has become clear to me that he doesn't care about making short films and following the rules. He seems to only want to make "Spielberg movies" - his words.

But what he is too stupid to understand is that you can do really good movies in a 1-3 minute format. Just look at the other people in the contest. They are all capable of telling a complete story in a short format. And their short films have been great. Even tonight, the three people who went ahead of him told a good, compete story. And their movies were good.

You don't need 2-hours and a blockbuster budget to be a good filmmaker. If Marty is incapable of making the kinds of films he's being asked to make, then maybe this competition isn't for him.

So, now that my rant is done, what did everyone else think?
    ''

Completely agree with you! Marty's film actually make me feel nauseous with the flickering images and claustrophobic feel of it.

JR.

I'm still watching, but this show is a disaster and it keeps getting worse. I can't believe Hilary was spared.

"Polished" was the best of this bunch, but that's not saying much. Again, I really didn't like any of the films.

The Cupid one was very slow and fell flat.

I thought the kid in "Beeline" was terrible, and the premise was pretty lame.

Marty is a tool that seems to want to specialize in trailers. It was shot well, but it didn't make much sense.

Kenny had another mess. It looked like a music video for some crappy underground alt-rock band. And I hated the music in it.

The way this pathetic show is going, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hilary, Marty and Kenny be the final 3.

I'm still watching. I'm sticking it out because Zach is up next week and I'm confident he'll make something worth watching.

I didn't like any of this week's films, and I now flat-out despise Marty and wish that big guy would have punched him out during the group filmmaking task. The only one I came close to liking was the Cupid one, and only because I thought it would have been a cute idea for a commercial.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Lex

I'm looking forward to Zach's next film too.

And that brings up another concern I have. I feel bad that this show is losing it's audience in droves with all these format changes. Because there are a lot of very talented directors in this competition. They deserve some recognition.

Too bad this show has screwed up their chances.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast