+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fan

Re: 6/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Hi all,
    New here. I liked all three films last week except Hilary's and Trever's. This week I thought "Polished" was okay. Kenny's video (or film) was unique though the subject matter was commonplace. The other three I did not much care for. If Kenny can humble himself some more and open his mind to learning from others he will be great. Compared to the first two weeks, Kenny is now quite mellow. That is a good sign. Plus he is smoldering hot. So, I am biased and I voted for him.

This is the only Reality Show I am watching. Can't understand its poor ratings.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

KennyLuv!

I thought Polished was funny. The shots at the end of bodies flying by cracked me up, and then seeing them strewn about, stirring in confusion and disbelief... . I think Andrew put on film a fantasy of many an office worker.

Shira-Lee's was really cute, but I didn't care for the mom or the kid, acting wise.

Kenny's movie did play like a music video. It was well made, but too much imagery for me. CSI doesn't even linger on a corpse as much as he did.

The Cupid movie was really awful, IMO. But when cupid picked up the waiter, I did laugh.

Marty's movie was extremely unpleasant, and really really pathetic.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Forgot to add: I'm really looking forward to seeing Will and Zach this coming week! And Jessica too, she's intriguing.

FORT Fan

Thank you lopevian!

I agree "Polished" was funny. All those people screaming aaahhhhh and ooohhhh while they slipped and fell was hilarious (hope I am not being cruel enjoying people screaming).

Shira-Lee's film was actually okay. But the woman was clearly sipping an empty coffee cup when the boy asked her the "question". After that I couldn't focus on the film. I kept thinking empty cup, empty cup :-)

Kenny's video/film was unique. A bit dark actually. But Kenny himself looks like a mysterious person who runs deep. I can't help but like him.

Marty's trailer was all style and no substance. And the style did not hold either. Carrie Fisher was on the mark with her remarks. I can't believe Marty called her "rude" :-) Poor Carrie!

Cupid film did not do it for me. It was poorly cut. Not crisp enough for me :-(

I am guessing Jess worked very hard on her next film, after the light bulb film fell flat. I am looking forward to Jason's and Mateen's films also. They were pretty good last time though one was not politically correct and the other's was a little artificial.

I'm kindof liking this show but I wasn't that thrilled with the movies last week. The first weeks were better. I'm glad you can check them out on the web when you miss them. I wouldn't miss any of the directors from this week whoever goes home.

Like many of you I have high hopes for this week. I think some of the better filmmakers were saved for last.

Kim

Wow less and less of us are watching this mess.

Polished? Didn't like it at all. So completely predictable and boring. Although the janitor actor was better than most they use.

Shira-Lee? Could she find worst actors? Don't think so. That was horrible. Wow. The concept, everything. But since I'm trying to find something positive in each of these I did like how they showed in the end that he was just manipulating his mother to get the PS2.

Kenny: Hubby walked past and said "since when do you watch rock videos?" LOL enough said on that! Well except for the one positive. It was a very well shot rock video!

Marty: And yet another trailer. Could he be more arrogant and a jerk? I hope he goes home next, out of a horrible lot his was the worst. Sorry, nothing positive to say about his mess.

Cupid: Who did that one again? Anyways, it was horrible. Bad acting, bad script, bad directing, bad everything.

Bah.. send them all home! The prior weeks were so much better (in comparison).

Hoping next week is better.

I had a hardtime finding this thread again.

I think I am having problems with the premise of the show and what the judges are commenting on...perhaps I don't understand what a director does. Aha! That's what it is....it's about filmmaking not directing per se!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12