+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 6/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I went to On The Lot: Official FOX Site and it gives a link to vote, but doesn't give the correct movies.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I bet they all ready have a winner picked out and since they changed the show...they forgot to change the site.

Adam's was excellent. I can't wait to see more of his work. So original.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

FORT Fan

1. Adam
    2. Shalini
    3. Sam
    4. Trever
    5. Hilary

Trever or Hilary will get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by melverine;2431441;
    1. Adam
    2. Shalini
    3. Sam
    4. Trever
    5. Hilary

Trever or Hilary will get the boot.
    I agree completely.
    Ain't Love Grand!

I've been so underwhelmed with this show. I seriously expected alot more seeing that most things that Spielberg touches turns to gold. Out of all the entries this is the best? To me it feels like they stacked the cards with the few standouts and their chosen one and then tossed some mediocre directors to ensure that America voted for the one they wanted but what can one expect from a Burnett production *smiles*. He does love to play the games, doesn't he?

Adam, Andrew, and Zach are head and shoulders above the rest and Shira-Lee is right behind them. Shalini has a lot of talent if she could move a little past her need to make everything a social commentary.

I loved the dance comedy, I didn't think I would but it was great! And I really liked the feel of Shalini's movie but her style is going to get old fast if that's all she does.

I agree with the above ranking order but think both Hilary and Shalini are in trouble because of the way the boots went last week and the way it seems that votes are going mostly to the men.

I loved Adam and Shalini's movie. They are some talented people. Can't wait to see the other five.

FORT Newbie

Wow, I must say that I am very disappointed in this show. It honestly is so bad, it almost seems like a joke. The web site is messed up, I can't even find the movies from the show on it. The show missed a whole episode, the one cutting down from 24 to 18. I had high hopes for this show, but it is really, really bad. JMHO

Oh wow! I thought I was the only one and that my DVR had cut out or something because the last thing I had was them at 24 and having to go make an hour short while being up 48(?) hours and then the very next show they were at 18 and showing their short comedies! I've been out of town and recorded 4 shows and thought maybe one got lost. So..what happened to the show and how'd they get from 24 to 18?

FORT Fanatic

I agree that the films weren't that good overall. I don't like the whole splitting the contestants into 5 and then voting on them. The whole grouping is luck of the draw and in one group you could have five great film makers who all deserve to go on but because of their placement, a great fim maker goes. On the flip side, you could have a group of 5 not so great film makers who all don't deserve to go on, but because of the system, at least one will. That being said, here's how I ranked them...

1. Adam "Dough Story:The Musical"---I thought this short was well made and had a very interesting idea. The two stories of the guy looking for love and the girl looking for a job fit well together and the script was fantastic. The songs were well sung and acted. The only problem I had with it was the ending shot with the girl's backside facing the guy. I would have had then kiss or do something to show affection to tie up story.

2. Shalini "Laughing Out Loud: A Coming Journey"---This short was a risk but she pulled it off. Documentaries seem to be her forte as she keeps saying how she wants to exposure the world to her world view. The only problem with this is that documentaries usually aren't mainsteam and so if she stays on that plan, she's looking at indie films and fringe films, which I doubt the show is looking for. I hope her subject matter isn't too much for the conservative segment of the voters. I thought the subject matter was interesting and I would have watched a whole documentary on the subject as the individual had an interesting story to tell.

3. Sam "Broken Pipe Dreams"---First off, I have to say that I liked his Replication Theory film better. In the beginning, I was wondering why the fish was there in the first place. However, the film was well shot and well acted. The ending was shot very well and tied in the ring and the fish storyline together. I think had it not gone first, it would have gotten more of a reception, but the judges were hoping for everyone to deliever and that didn't happen.

4. Trever Jones "Teri"---I found this short to be good, but not as good as the others, thus placing it 4th. I thought that the storyline had been done before but that the lead actor was very good at portraying a guy who was both optimistic and scared. I disagree that the potential dates should have been portrayed differently, as these are characters of his imagination so of course they are going to be stereotyped. We tend to go back to stereotypes when describing our ideal mate or ones we want to avoid. I did find the date montage a little confusing and was wondering for a minute why these girls all showed up. So a little more explanation could be helpful. However, I found it to be well shot, funny in places, and the male Teri was just the highlight. Very effective.

5. Hilay "The First Tme I Met The Finklesteins"--This was the only short that I disliked. I know that she's trying to make a comeback and she has a great backstory, but I have to be honest and say her short for the second week in a row was not up to par with the rest of the group. If we are judging on quality, the contestants were right in picking her the one to go home. The storyline was the most cliche and overplayed of the five. Honestly, it seemed like a rehash of Meet the Fockers with the Dad even sounding a bit like Robert DeNiro. I felt as if every director tries to make a funny dinner situation after meeting their partner's parents for the first time and if you do it again, you have to bring something new to the table. This time, Hilary did not. The jokes were not funny and vulgar. Talking about balls or straddling a brisket is not funny to anyone past the age of 5. Again, she relied on toilet humor that had no point. The conversation seemed to drag on. I have to disagree with the judges that she is a fantastic writer as the script in my opinion was just average and predictable. The fault for that has to fall on the script. But even if she is a great writer, this is a director's contest, so she's out of place in the show. Her camera angles were way too tight and I felt as there were many shots where we were practically looking up the characters nostrils. There was just no point in getting that close to someone for the whole movie. Maybe for a few seconds, but not three minutes.

I have a feeling the bottom 2 will be Shalini and Hilary as Shalini's subject matter won't appeal to the masses and I'm thinking that Hilary is eliminated this week. Her short underdelivered for a second week in a row.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast