+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 5/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

JR.

Re: 5/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by TNKY;2424080;
    However, someone brought up a good point that the producers might be keeping Jessica and Kenny around for drama to try to rejuvenate the ratings.
    I said that half jokingly, but as I think about it more... If you add that to the fact the ratings for the first 2 episodes weren't very good, TPTB decided to skip ep. 3 for whatever reason, and decided to replace the host with someone hotter, it really makes me think that something is up.

I thought of the 3 pairs left at the end that all three of the dismissals were wrong. Cab guy should definitely have gone. I was glad to see the Ghetta Room guy get a repreive. And glad to see Lucky Penny & Danger Zone also in the Top 3.

By the way next weeks results show is only 1/2 hr.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2423875;
    And this is why it's a bad idea to let America vote.

They should do it like Rock Star, let the people pick the bottom 3-5 and then let the judges decide.

They kept those 2 so they can fight. I'm sure we need to be reminded about who did and didn't go to film school each week.

This show HAD so much potential, but unfortunately, the producers screwed up! But is there time to fix what's wrong? Or is it too late?

First, Adrianna Costa needs to go - granted, it's not her fault that the producers have forced her to unnecessarily draw out the suspense during the eliminations, but she is still grating on the nerves. I don't care what her credentials are, she just plain sucks. And the writer who scripts her lines should be fired as well! I expect more from a Mark Burnett/ Steven Spielberg collaboration!

Second, I agree with JR - it's a bad idea to let America decide. America may be able to judge a singing competition (and even, THAT's questionable based on AI's past winners - c'mon people, Taylor Hicks?), but I don't know what the producers were thinking when they thought that the general public would be a good judge of filmmaking. Yes, I realize that it's the general public that generates the box office receipts, but isn't the true premise of the show about finding an undiscovered great talent and presenting him/ her with a shortcut to achieving their American dream? Well, then the question begs, what does the general public know about filmmaking talent when the three contestants that directed the three worst one-minute comedy shorts were asked back for another week? I loved Sanjaya and his antics on AI, but if he had advanced any further in the competition, I would've been disappointed.

My bottom three:

1) Kenny Luby's Wack Alley Cab - Did someone explain to Kenny that his short needed to be funny? And how about the fact that it made no sense whatsoever! My five-year old niece with her Barbie Camcorder could've done a better job! Dear Kenny, I know that you are proud of the fact that you've never been to film school...well, guess what? I've never been to film school either, but even I know what a "close up" is. Does anyone else get the sense that this guy is trying to overcompensate for his lack of formal training by behaving like an incompetent jerk?

2) Shira-Lee Shalit's Check Out - I was sorry to see two women get eliminated in the first round because I would like to see some women prove their chops along with the men in the Boy's Club. I didn't think that Carolina's (eliminated) Deliver Me was well-executed, but it was a heck of a lot more clever than Shira-Lee's "boring on so many levels" short about a woman who fantasizes about getting frisky with a hunk while going through an airport security checkpoint. It was dull, and I thought the joke fell flat. Claudia's (eliminated) bathroom humor in Blind Date didn't go over well with the judges or voters, but I also thought that her short was more creative than Shira-Lee's, and I actually laughed out loud when the guy came out of the stall and said, "Nice to meet you!"

3) David May's File Size - A) It wasn't funny. B) It made no sense. C) It came off like a bad, amateur commercial for Fedex Kinko's.

Lex

Interesting results. I totally agreed with who got the Top 3. All well-deserved. I hope to be able to vote next week (I wanted to vote online, but their site didn't send me the e-mail validation in time).

I was disappointed that Carolina was voted off. Her movie was one of my favorites. And I'm also disappointed because Marty should've been voted off. He didn't even do his assignment. That should result in his leaving no matter what.

The second girl to be voted off (I forget her name) didn't have a very good film. It started out pretty interesting, but then fizzled out at the end. So I had no problem with her being eliminated. As for Kenny, I wasn't very entertained by his movie. Maybe he'll come up with something better for next week.

As for the last group, I agree with the judges that the guy's movie was good... but not a good comedy. It would've been nice if he could have stayed long enough to do horror or drama, but oh well. And I think I'm one of the few people who actually like the Light Bulb movie. I don't care what anyone says, that was a good, fun movie. So I'm glad Jess stayed.

Also, since I didn't watch the first week, I totally missed what seems to have made everyone hate Jess. The reactions I'm reading are interesting, because it seems like a lot of people wanted her eliminated for what happened during the first week, whether or not they liked her movie.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2425143;
    By the way next weeks results show is only 1/2 hr.
    Glad to hear it, because that was excruciating. I thought one of
    them had made a spoof of the whole 'Idol' process and we were
    watching it, but no, it actually was the show.

So I am still trying to figure out what ever happened to the show where they went down to 18? At the end of the 2nd show Princess Lea sent them off to prepare for 1/2 hour and then they were required to shoot a 1 page scene in 1 hour. They were given access to a real hollywood set? and then it showed the italian woman spending much of her "shooting time" getting prepared....did this episode ever air? I don't have it on my Tivo list...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234