+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

so far really like the dancing guy, lucky penny

Does anyone else find the hostess's constant hand gestures extremely annoying?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2422433;
    Will's film was good, but he's probably going to get the parent/nice guy vote regardless.

What the hell was that lightbulb film about?
    I'm not quite sure what the lightbulb film was about. I thought the people in the 'crowd' might have been a variety of cliches, or the subject matter of one-liner jokes, but its hard to tell since it looked like there were drag queens, scuba divers, and clowns..

Either way, the concept was not established properly at all..

FORT Fogey

Where'd they find this Princess Leia chick?

FORT Fogey

I really liked this special effects guy last week, and he proved to be just as good this week.

Giggy

I think one of the problems we are going to run into with 'On The Lot' are what we like and what the directors like. The directors are looking for technical ability and various talents, along with entertainment value, that we, the audience, may not understand. We're just looking to be entertained. So, while I appreciated the guy who did the 360 shot in one take it didn't necessarily entertain me but I do appreciate his hard work and it doesn't escape me that he definitely has talent. Then, again, it didn't entertain me as much as some as the other ones.

I loved Zach's safety lab and Will's Lucky penny the best.

Zach's reminded me of Inspector Cleseau humor and I definitely had a good belly laugh during his.

The cab ride was ??? story???

I didn't like the blind date or needing to pee movies at all.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by Giggy;2422563;
    I think one of the problems we are going to run into with 'On The Lot' are what we like and what the directors like. The directors are looking for technical ability and various talents, along with entertainment value, that we, the audience, may not understand. We're just looking to be entertained. So, while I appreciated the guy who did the 360 shot in one take it didn't necessarily entertain me but I do appreciate his hard work and it doesn't escape me that he definitely has talent. Then, again, it didn't entertain me as much as some as the other ones.
    Oh, I totally agree with this. That's why it's a GOOD thing that they have the audience voting as a component. Ever since the first episode, there have been films or scenes that they've shown that I didn't like/didn't get that the directors/judges raved over.

Tonight, I usually agreed with their assessment, except for their fixation on farting. The last one was REALLY good - 'replication theory'

I noticed the judges are a bit of snobbish about certain things. They don't like fart jokes. There is nothing wrong with a good fart joke. My favorite film was Spaced Out. The drunken aliens was hilarious. That cab film was bad, it made no sense.

Giggy

Call me politically incorrect but I laughed my azz off at the tard guy, though I totally get why the judges had to redirect this kind of film from getting put through. At first I was yelling, "Lighten the F up," until I understood where they were coming from and then I shut up. Talk about law suits up the ying yang. Still, every time I hear someone say, "Get a room," I will

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast