+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Even with the huge Idol finale lead-in, nobody's watching.

Okay, I guess I am. But I'm taping Veronica Mars!

"YouTube: The Reality Show". That's what I've been referring to it to myself. I honestly don't think it has mass appeal, but I'm a film fan (Film studies minor, dudes, half a lifetime ago) so I'm watching. But not counting on many others doing so.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-22-2007 at 09:09 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

That guy looked like a young Woody Allen. And sounded like him too.

I guess Spielberg needed cronies to actually judge. Except that Garry Marshall and Brett Ratner are um... busier than him.

Why isn't Carrie the host? Do they really need some anonymous chick?

Loglines/Pitch Task: Wow. The first two of those are mondo cliched. The last three are kind of cool though. The mouse one is probably the most out there.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-22-2007 at 09:14 PM.

This is Ratdiculous!

I can't properly judge until I see the next show.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fanatic

I have a feeling this show is going to be cancelled quick. It will be interesting to see how well it does without the AI lead in. Honestly, I found the show idea boring and dull. The only contestants they showed were the ones who got eliminated. So we have no clue who made it and since there's no connection, we don't feel happy when they move on. The tasks seem like juvenile art class projects in high school. It's not drama filled or exciting. And even though the judges are very respected in the film industry, you could have put three mannequins in their place and they would show as much enthusiasm for the project as them. And who is the host? They didn't even introduce her. I thought she was a judge for a while. Overall a good idea that was horribly executed and made a terrible show. I'm not surprised though, most FOX reality shows aren't that good. Celebrity Duets anyone?

I watched some of it, and it was painful to watch.

It was indeed painful. This show has NO "wow" factor at all. Just Spielberg and Burnett's names and a vague hope anyone cares. Which they don't.

I might enjoy actually watching some of their finished films. And I might enjoy seeing some of the real technical-oriented production issues play out (bit ONLY because I have some ancient film background from years back--most people won't). But the rest of the show is just gonna be crap. You can tell already.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2414480;
    It was indeed painful. This show has NO "wow" factor at all. Just Spielberg and Burnett's names and a vague hope anyone cares. Which they don't.

I might enjoy actually watching some of their finished films. And I might enjoy seeing some of the real technical-oriented production issues play out (bit ONLY because I have some ancient film background from years back--most people won't). But the rest of the show is just gonna be crap. You can tell already.
    I agree - I'd much rather have started by watching at least some of their films (this would be akin to watching AI auditions). Then I might have some contestants to root for.

The first task was interesting, though I would have rather have seen more of the presentations and less of the angst of preparation and personal interviews.

I hate the second task - I hate it when individuals are judged on the work of the group.

It's kind of ironic - for a reality show about making movies, this show does not have a good story line. Someone must have had a really good pitch.

Considering that they were getting the contestants to Pitch their idea...TPTb with this show really fell short on Pitching this show to us...this was not a goo start...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast