+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I Is Stephanie

Re: 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Well it wasn't half as dramatic as FOX made it out to be, but it wasn't totally horrible either. However, I have better things to do with myself then watch some guy with an ego larger than life just stand there in silence for 3 minutes. The show's an hour long, dont use 5% of it to show us silence!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2414480;
    It was indeed painful. This show has NO "wow" factor at all. Just Spielberg and Burnett's names and a vague hope anyone cares.
    Very true. It was a bit interesting, and I think it's a good premise, but this episode fell flat. Too many people and not enough time to get to know any of them. I hope it gets better as the herd is thinned out.

I'm with you Kip, I hated the second task for that very reason.

I actually kind of enjoyed the show, true there were some uncomfortable moments, but I would imagine true life pitches are much the same. I think there are too many BIG NAMES attached to let the show fail.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2415810;
    I actually kind of enjoyed the show, true there were some uncomfortable moments, but I would imagine true life pitches are much the same. I think there are too many BIG NAMES attached to let the show fail.
    The stories on the show in Variety and the Washington Post both seem to suggest the opposite. They seem to be describing it both as a creative AND ratings disaster.

Variety.com - Reviews - On the Lot
    washingtonpost.com

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The York Daily Record - Dallastown grad goes 'On the Lot'
    Dallastown grad goes 'On the Lot'
    Woman 'stoked' to audition for Fox reality show
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I really liked it. Loved the premise and the "pitch" task, although I think they overdid it by squeezing in part of the filmmaking task in this first episode. Great judges, though - I've heard (from somewhere at some point - please don't ask me for sources ) that actors love working for Garry Marshall, and I can see why.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Well great AJane, I'm with you! I really liked it too! But I love the entire movie making process (I made my first "film", a bit over four and a half minutes, when I was fifteen), so I would like like it. Don't know how much appeal it will have for the masses, but I hope it's enough so the show can run it's course.

That guy reminded me of Woody Allen too!

I really enjoyed this show, its going at light speed so it keeps my attention, and I'm getting emotionally involved because that gal from North Carolina (woot!) was eliminated for NO good reason.

I can appreciate arse backward artsy fartsy visions, but most of these clips have been pretty straight forward. It felt good to see that one guy eliminated that was giving the little guy (this would make more sense if I could remember names) a hard time about 'wanting to be an eighth grader'.

Anyway, I'll watch this one through, at this rate it will be like watching one week of Idol
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I read all the posts, and was surprised nobody commented on how scary Carrie Fisher looked!

The show itself was boring. I liked Project Greenlight so much better.

I don't like that Brattner guy (yes, I spelled it that way on purpose.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12