+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On The Lot - About the show

Re: On The Lot - About the show

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;2429876;
    I have missed missed every show except the first one and the results show last week. I was lost but at least the did encores. I made sure to remember to get the time and day right to watch today....and no show >
    Can anyone confirm that they pulled the plug on this one already? Wow, that was quick!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

That would be a bummer if it's cancelled. They did kill the show with that excruciating format and host. The contestants looked so uncomfortable,
    and not because they were nervous. That made me uncomfortable. It's
    a shame, because it was a fun show, certainly different. But who wants
    to watch 'Director Idol'. I hope they at least give us a wrap-up show.

This is kinda mean, but aside from seeing some brilliant work, I was looking
    forward to watching Kenny have a melt-down. I hope I got the name right
    ...the guy with the hideous taxi film (the film, not the taxi).

JR.

They haven't canceled it yet, it's been condensed to one show a week on Tuesdays.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Great news! Thanks JR. I can live with one show a week.

I had such high hopes for this show but the way they kept changing it each week just seemed to kill it and then the missing episode didn't help either. I still think its a great premise just needs better execution.

I know they were doing it (the changes) because of ratings and thats another whole other subject (how shows are no longer allowed to mature and marinate before they are yanked. Some shows don't even get a two show viewing before they are taken off the air..sighs..)

Last time I checked, its still on TV Guide's future lisitngs.

okay, this show must have hit rock bottom...somehow it got thrown into the "Shows We Are No Longer Covering" category...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2436178;
    okay, this show must have hit rock bottom...somehow it got thrown into the "Shows We Are No Longer Covering" category...
    I was wondering where the heck a thread was for the show. Glad I found it.

I haven't had chance to see a single episode all the way through so it's hard for me to say if I like the show or not.

I have watched most of the clips online. IMHO, one of the biggest problems with the show is that most of the contestants don't seem to have original ideas.

I feel as if I've seen the same stories many times before, e.g. blind date anticipation, caddy shack golf jokes, ring in the pipes, pulling over speeding alien spaceships, gritty steet dramas, etc.

Some seem to have really good technical skill, but very few (if any?!?!) have original stories. I think people with really unique ideas are rare, and there probably arent enough of them "out there" who are in the movie biz to poplulate a full cast. Therefore, we are left with the best of the "good" - not the best of the "great".

And that doesn't make for compelling television. I also think the rules about who goes when, who gets to show a movie clip, etc. are confusing.

Still, I like what I've seen, and would like to see the show continue and perhaps even go on to a second season. I think the talent pool and production values will improve as the show producers learn how to do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2439888;
    I feel as if I've seen the same stories many times before, e.g. blind date anticipation ... pulling over speeding alien spaceships.
    C'mon, you have the admit, the cops pulling over the drunk aliens was pretty original. But you're so right about the others. These guys are imitating badly written commercials.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123