+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On The Lot - About the show

Re: On The Lot - About the show

Quote Originally Posted by jckatz;2424605;
    This show is DEAD TO ME

OK I gave it a try, I liked Episode 1 and 2, then episode three went MIA, and after that AWFUL! The 2 hours of 1 minute clips, was fair nothing special and then the only person I voted for gets kicked off, and the 3 clips I used my 30 second skip for. Yes, 3 movies were so awful I couldn't watch 60 seconds, and all three made it to the second round.

To make matters worse they repeated everything the judges said just to make the show longer and more boring. WOW!!!

Well I didn't even finished the award show, and I deleted it from my season pass.

Mark Burnett should be ashamed to have this show in his production house.

Also IMDB.com doesn't have 5 votes yet, so if anyone else agrees with me, lets vote on this piece of crap show and give it 1 star out of 10.

"On the Lot" (2007)
    I'm also disappointed in the show, but I will continue to watch in the hopes that it can only get better!

Just curious, which of the comedy shorts were in your bottom three?

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Andessa;2425295;
    I'm also disappointed in the show, but I will continue to watch in the hopes that it can only get better!

Just curious, which of the comedy shorts were in your bottom three?
    I used the 30 second skip on my TIVO for the Taxi clip, the strip tease, and the guy farting on the airplane.

I've never seen a show that started out so promising crash and burn so fast. WTF were the producers thinking? Just because the stupid format works for "American Idol," which probably has an entirely different audience, doesn't mean it fits for a competition about filmmakers. If they're going to be derivative, at least follow "Project Runway" or "Top Chef" -- or better yet -- "Project Greenlight."

Steaming pile 'o crap.

FORT Fanatic

I just read online where the film showing and the elimination show will be combined for a one hour show on Tuesday. Does that mean we no longer get to vote? Or is FOX just trying to burn the show off as fast as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by TNKY;2427205;
    I just read online where the film showing and the elimination show will be combined for a one hour show on Tuesday. Does that mean we no longer get to vote? Or is FOX just trying to burn the show off as fast as possible?
    I have the show set to record new episodes on my DVR. And as of this morning, the Monday show is no longer there, & the description for the Tues show says " 5 finalists show their personal submission films" what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2427226;
    I have the show set to record new episodes on my DVR. And as of this morning, the Monday show is no longer there, & the description for the Tues show says " 5 finalists show their personal submission films" what is going on?
    That's odd. My TV listings have it on for one hour on Monday and 1/2 hour on Tuesday. Nothing on the official website indicating they're throwing in the towel. Would Fox pull the plug on the show this fast?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I don't doubt anything when it comes to Fox and canning shows.

Looks like this show is gonna go the way of most movies this year at the box office - tank!

Quote Originally Posted by jckatz;2426882;
    I used the 30 second skip on my TIVO for the Taxi clip, the strip tease, and the guy farting on the airplane.
    Two out of your three were also in my Bottom Three - Wack Alley Cab and Check Out (airport strip tease). The third one on my list was File Size, the one about the guy with the "stapler issues."

From the On the lot website. There is no longer a Monday show. It's one hour on Tuesday. How is America going to vote for this now? They have truly messed up a good concept.

FOX Schedule

TIME PERIOD PREMIERE** - ON THE LOT
    Visit ON THE LOT web site

LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION! IT’S A WRAP FOR ONE OF THE TOP 15 DIRECTORS COMPETING
    ON AN ALL-NEW “ON THE LOT”
    TUESDAY, JUNE 5, ON FOX
    Series Executive-Produced by Mark Burnett and Steven Spielberg
    The Top 15 Director Finalists find out which one of them has been served his or her “final cut” and is eliminated from the competition during ON THE LOT’s “Box Office Results” show, “1 of 15 Directors Voted Off,” airing Tuesday, June 5 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (OTL-104B) (TV-PG) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1 PA: Viewer discretion is advised.
    Judges: Carrie Fisher; Brett Ratner; Garry Marshall; Jon Avnet

I have missed missed every show except the first one and the results show last week. I was lost but at least the did encores. I made sure to remember to get the time and day right to watch today....and no show >

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast