+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Echo (echo echo)... did anyone else even SEE the 1/27 show?

Echo (echo echo)... did anyone else even SEE the 1/27 show?

Only just seeing it now. Man, this show is pathetic.

I DID get a chuckle at the pure arrogance of that one contestant pair who ignored Paula's choreography suggestions then... sucked (and got panned). I mean that's not only stupidly disrespecting a person who's VOTING on you (and the Seal Clapper STILL gave them a Gold Star, even though the other two judges destroyed them), but its also designed to piss off viewers. Who's window on the narrative being presented isn't that they were "preserving their own artistic vision", but rather that they were a pair of snotty arrogant kids.

And even if it HADN'T come off like that... Paula may be a borderline mentally retarded drug taking nut case... but the ONE thing she does brilliantly is choreography. Her own dancing is okay. Her singing is blah. But her choreography skills? The kids should have listened.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: Echo (echo echo)... did anyone else even SEE the 1/27 show?

LOL! Nobody even watched the Feb. 3 show

Well the ballroom dancing kids are going to win.

I think it will be them or Dance Town Chaos. Twitch was good, Vibe was OK, the ballet was gorgeous (but it was ballet), and Kendall (I thought) was much better this week than last, but not as good as the others.

I was surprised none of the judges mentioned the "bobble" from D'Angelo and Amanda (ballroom kids) at the end. And I didn't think they were as smooth as they've been in other weeks...we could tell when he was stopped and waiting for her to then move on to a lift or whatever.

I don't really care who wins...it was a fun show to watch.

I'm thinking it will be DTC. After all, who can deny the appeal of cute, shirtless men. I could live with Twitch.
    OTOH, Kendall must have some HUGE voting base to get in over Shore Thing. You'd think 39 people could muster more votes.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;4178915;
    I think it will be them or Dance Town Chaos. Twitch was good, Vibe was OK, the ballet was gorgeous (but it was ballet), and Kendall (I thought) was much better this week than last, but not as good as the others.

I was surprised none of the judges mentioned the "bobble" from D'Angelo and Amanda (ballroom kids) at the end. And I didn't think they were as smooth as they've been in other weeks...we could tell when he was stopped and waiting for her to then move on to a lift or whatever.

I don't really care who wins...it was a fun show to watch.
    I think Kendall was at a huge disadvantage being a soloist. There is only so much she can do as compared to groups. I think the show if it's somehow renewed needs to change the format to different categories of dancers.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

WTF?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    White Tree, D'angelo & Amanda, and Kendall Glover
    got the highest number of votes. The first I might understand, but the other two as "America's Best Dance Act" not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;4187290;
    WTF?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    White Tree, D'angelo & Amanda, and Kendall Glover
    got the highest number of votes. The first I might understand, but the other two as "America's Best Dance Act" not so much.
    I thought for sure
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Chaos and Twitch
    would make the finals. I was very surprised to see that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    none of the larger groups
    made it through.

(Do we need spoiler tags once the show has aired?)

I thought all the final six acts were incredible at what they do, so I would have been happy with whoever had won.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I really only saw almost 2 episodes of this ( the first 2), so I can't comment too much.
    I do remember both finalists, though.
    As far as Ms. Glover, I do remember well that Paula had asked her to tone down the makeup, costume, etc. So, I was very glad to see she had take that criticism. She looked lovely and not garish like she did at the beginniing.
    I think anytime a show has the viewers involved in the vote, as this one did, we have to expect anything.
    I did like Paula's comments last night - I caught the last 10 minutes of the show - they were typically Paula; very heartfelt and sincere.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I was at least pleased with the winners, though I liked the group acts and the ballet better.

My hope is their parents do not waste their winnings or over use their kids' talent and gift to the point they burn out.

+ Reply to Thread