+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/12 Show

1/12 Show

Hi - I missed the first few minutes. Who did America pick for the last slot in the semi's?

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: 1/12 Show

I am not sure yet, it was cut off on mine because of the presidential address at the arizona memorial service
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

FORT Fogey

America chose White Tree Fine Art.

this is basically Americas Got Talent with all dance acts...BORING. Ill take my SYTYCD anyday.

FORT Fogey

This show wasn't aired here in FL, NY or LA (I get all of those networks on my dish). They didn't even interrupt it, they were showing some sitcom until the memorial service began.

I find it odd that anyone would think this service was of interest to anyone beyond those who knew those who died. I heard the clicking of remotes resounding all over the US!

FORT Fogey

I was shocked when it wasn't on....but I heard this morning that they aired it an hour later in my area, so missed it.

I missed it once again - yoga night - but I got back 5 minutes to 9 and it was still on in the LA market.
    Had it been interrupted for the memorial service, though, I would have been fine with it. That memorial, IMO, was a lot more important than any TV show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4146816;
    this is basically Americas Got Talent with all dance acts...BORING. Ill take my SYTYCD anyday.
    I agree that SYTYCD is definitely the better show, but this one doesn't take itself so seriously. It's just rewarding and showcasing the love of dance.

I'm glad the show is not going to drag out to numerous weeks which sometimes seems tedious on the other dance shows.

I thought THEATRIX was more fun but they didn't get voted through by America. Some acts that got through were not even that good, especially the old couple which I think was stretching it out a bit for bringing them to the top 18. And why is Paula mentoring the dancers and then be the judge as well? Of course she'll give them a gold star, she mentored them! That's really stupid.

Also I thought if you get 3 gold stars you automatically move on, 1 or 2 gold stars America will determine your fate, 3 red stars you are automatically out of the contest.

That being said, this show is so lame. It's a rip-off of AGT.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4147463;
    Also I thought if you get 3 gold stars you automatically move on, 1 or 2 gold stars America will determine your fate, 3 red stars you are automatically out of the contest.
    That was only the first show when they were assigning folks to the "short list". Now that the contest has started, the stars are like AI's or SYTYCD's judges, just more obvious.

We're really enjoying the dancing. We watched the memorial last night, so when we flipped over, we had missed the first 10 minutes or so. Someone above listed who America voted for, but I'm not sure I actually know who they are :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast