+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/12 Show

Re: 1/12 Show

The ballet dancers.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4147683;
    The ballet dancers.
    Wow...I'm impressed :-) I never thought they would get enough votes.

Thanks for letting me know!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;4147764;

I think the other 2 acts canceled each other out.

I really like this show. SYTYCD is so obnoxious and I have to sit through some acts I have no interest in when I watch AGT. This show is all just good dance and the judges are more interested in the contestants than they are interested in themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;4147764;

They got votes because someone on the TV told us that they wouldn't.

That's pretty standard for the "audience voting" model...

Not that they didn't deserve it, but its probably not their talent which clinched this for them. It was Reality Show (Reverse) Psychology 101 in action which did.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

To the Point

I actually thought the ballet dancers were the best of the acts to be voted on in that first vote. Of course, I've not even watched it since. I found it to be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4155319;
    I actually thought the ballet dancers were the best of the acts to be voted on in that first vote. Of course, I've not even watched it since. I found it to be boring.
    The ballet dancers got the judges vote to go to the semi-finals last night :-)

I was rather surprised - to a point - that the ballet duo advanced to the finals by the judge's vote. The one male judge just really seems to be against ballet, and I'm not sure why.

No, they weren't perfect, but they were good enough to earn a spot. I do think however, that in order for them to have made it to the finals it would've had to be the judge's vote.

As far as our vote? - I think it'll be the ballet/contemporary combo group or the little kid at the beginning. I seriously doubt the Pink Panther dance group or the jive dancers will advance. While I liked the jive dancers, I think they'd been better served by NOT mentioning he was hurt, because I didn't see him hurt except he did no lifts, and the notation can harm them.

The teen dancer I really didn't pay much attention to, and if he advances I think it may be due to his charm.

This show is pathetic right now. There's even no thread for the 1/19 show!

I must comment though that TWITCH, the group with 8 women and 1 guy should have been selected by the judges. In fact they got 3 stars from the judges and so i thought they were automatic. Now they will be in a tough competition against that little kid who breakdances. I hope America makes the right decision. Obviously, the black judge has no power over the Paula, since she must be the culprit who put WTFA through. The black judge gave them a red star! So what is the point of putting them through? They were not even suppose to make it but America voted them in thru the wildcard round.

Hopefully TWITCH auditions for ABDC. But they have to trim their group to 7 which is the max required for that show. They have 2 too many dancers anyway.

I think the ballet dancers won because they went "out of the box"...it wasn't a standard ballet routine. TWITCH was good (we liked them, too), but we were rooting for the ballet dancers. And the male judge wasn't really doing his job...if you're going to judge a dance contest, then you can't vote against one type of dance just because you don't really like it.

FORT Fogey

I don't understand the stars. How can an act be the judges' choice if they didn't get 3 gold stars? What's the point of awarding the stars if they don't mean anything?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12