+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/5 Show Discussion

Re: 1/5 Show Discussion

So, if the judges named one and the viewers get to name the other, where do the other 16 come from?
    Sorry, I guess I'm confused.
    THanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

the first 16 were sent through by the judges directly on their first dance. The 17th one was sent through after they did another dance in the dance off. The last one will be voted on by America from the remaining three left in the dance off.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;4143025;
    the first 16 were sent through by the judges directly on their first dance. The 17th one was sent through after they did another dance in the dance off. The last one will be voted on by America from the remaining three left in the dance off.
    Many thanks, Iguana.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I watched the previous night's episode, but forgot to watch this one. arrgghh...

Not my favorite reality show, but I'll stick with it for now, or at least until the live rounds of AI begin in a few weeks.

I didn't mind that all ages were allowed to compete. It was really sweet to see the older people who still had a passion for dancing. I liked how they showed that dancing isn't only for 20-somethings with the body of a model a la SYTYCD. The only drawback, though, is that it's hard for the judges to be objective about kids. Therefore, I think they should have had a minimum age limit.

Speaking of objectivity, I noticed that Paula tended to give gold stars to people who got red ones from the other judges. The shadow of AI rears it's ugly head again.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12