+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/04 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

1/04 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Premiere Episode - LA & NY Auditions

So what do you think?

So far, I am not impressed. As a SYTYCD veteran I'm used to great dancing. This was at best adequate. And I'm not a fan of the X-Factor-like pre-selected audition groups.

But, it's only auditions so I'll give it some more time. If I just tuned in to the American Idol auditions I would run screaming from the room.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 1/04 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I thought it was more like America's Got Talent, which gets on my nerves. What a drag. I, too, will give it another try....but, just barely.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

To me, it's like the beginnings of the AI auditions - some good and some not good at all.
    I do like all 3 hosts and I love seeing Paula back again. So, I'll keep watching.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I am enjoying it. I loved to see the older couple dance,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I wasn't planning on watching it, but I did and I was pleasantly suprised.
    I didn't care if the dancing wasn't great. I was entertained, and even a few times my eyes welled up.
    I'll watch again.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I missed the first half, but caught the rest. I'll probably stick around. It wasn't the most entertaining show ever, but I think this category of shows is overstuffed. I'm not big on audtion episodes, so I may just skip these and wait for the actual competition to start. I did think the dancing was pretty good

I didn't quite get motivated to watch more than ten seconds. Not really into PA nor knock-offs. Carrie Ann and Bruno tried their own spin-off dance show and they crashed and burned.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I love Paula, but not enough to keep watching if I wind up finding it a bore. I'm not really expecting much. It does seem like a mini version of the Dance war show Bruno/Carrie Ann did when I read the description. For now, there's not much else on until DWTS and my other reality TV fixes start up so I guess this can fill the void. Does anyone know how many weeks it's expected to last?

I think it's 7 weeks, karalott, but I'm not positive.

I only caught about 10 minutes of it last night, and was far from impressed by the dancing. Like TopCat said, SYTYCD has spoiled me. I think I'll skip the auditions and give it another shot when the real competition starts.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

I liked all three of the judges and I really liked getting to the point with the immediate voting and the three stars coming up. That is a system more shows should use. Often the judges talk so much , you just want it to be over. I too didn't think the quality of dancing was what you see on SYTYCD. Lots of the people cut from that show would be winners on this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast