+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About the show

About the show

About Live to Dance - CBS.com

In one of the most inclusive talent searches on television, dancers with raw ability, in any age group from across the nation (either performing solo or in a group) can audition in any form of dancing - ballet to break dance, tap to tango, or show us something we've never seen before with your own unique fusion of styles - rock ballet, hip-hop clogging or contemporary mixed with capoeira. The most talented dancers who make it through the callback process will have the chance to perform live on CBS in the semi-finals and finals, where they will battle for the right to be crowned LIVE TO DANCE champion and be awarded a $500,000 prize.

Paula Abdul, the award-winning dancer/choreographer, dynamic performer, multi-platinum recording artist and popular entertainment personality, is executive producer, creative partner and lead expert for LIVE TO DANCE. Abdul will also serve as coach, mentor and advocate for contestants during the performances and elimination process, providing critical input and guidance, while sharing her experience with hopeful contestants. Executive producer, lead expert and mentor Paula Abdul will be joined by host Andrew GŁnsberg and fellow experts, choreographer Travis Payne and singer/dancer Kimberly Wyatt.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: About the show

I'm looking forward to seeing Paula again. I missed her on AI last year.

Me too, Unk. It just isn't the same without her.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I've always liked Paula. I felt she got a bad rap from some of her AI incidents (maybe not undeserved in some cases, but I don't think she's a drunken ditz, either).

I feel like Paula may be more in her element when it comes to dance. I don't really see how this show will be any different than the other competition style shows, but it looks interesting. It'll be my reality fix while my other favorites are on hiatus.

+ Reply to Thread