+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 144

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers until midnight**

  1. #131
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,925
    Quote Originally Posted by LPChick
    lastly I unfortunately know Maxie.
    OK. Here's the gist LPChick, we're all pretty astute readers/writers at the Fort, and you can't bury a little nugget or tasty morsel like this and get away with it.

    So comeon...spill the beans girl!!!!

    ::tapping toe::
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  2. #132
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12
    LOL hello all,
    Well my goal wasn't to come on here and talk badly about anyone BUT I am not one either to lie and say she is an lp so she is automatically my friend. I guess I just wanted to show the human side that we are all lp but we all don't get along, heeh sorry Rodney. I do wish the show was longer meaning how many episodes. I guess having only 2 shows them him getting married makes it even more fake ya know? Over all I think its okay BUT thinking back I do have a this isn't cool moment. When Leann aka Rosie as some call her said "should I get limb-lengthening", something to that effect. To me that wasn't cool or funny and it is a very controversial issue inthe community. Oh well, on to the second episode!!! What do you all honestly think?
    equality can only come from education

  3. #133
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by LPChick
    LOL hello all,
    Well my goal wasn't to come on here and talk badly about anyone BUT I am not one either to lie and say she is an lp so she is automatically my friend. I guess I just wanted to show the human side that we are all lp but we all don't get along, heeh sorry Rodney. I do wish the show was longer meaning how many episodes. I guess having only 2 shows them him getting married makes it even more fake ya know? Over all I think its okay BUT thinking back I do have a this isn't cool moment. When Leann aka Rosie as some call her said "should I get limb-lengthening", something to that effect. To me that wasn't cool or funny and it is a very controversial issue inthe community. Oh well, on to the second episode!!! What do you all honestly think?
    Whats wrong with Leann saying something thats contravercial within the community? Who cares about the "community" I do not consider myself part of that "community". You imply that simply being an lp does not make everyone the same, and yet you imply the exact opposite by refering to the community in that way. Whether she made the comment in jest or in all seriousness, what on earth does it matter?
    -Cherub

  4. #134
    The race is back! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    On the mat
    Age
    43
    Posts
    40,432
    What do you all honestly think?
    As I said, I only saw the first 3 or 4 minutes of it. I thought it was fine. I'm not really "into" dating/romance reality shows, as everyone here knows or finds out soon enough.

    But Glen and all of the ladies seemed like great people, regardless of size. But honestly, I felt a little like Fox and the participants were trying so hard to prove to us that little people are "regular folks" that it was boring. I want to see chairs flying, hair being pulled, and lots of "you b*tch!" being tossed about. More Springeresque is a good thing.

  5. #135
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,925
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  6. #136
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubFreed
    Whats wrong with Leann saying something thats contravercial within the community? Who cares about the "community" I do not consider myself part of that "community". You imply that simply being an lp does not make everyone the same, and yet you imply the exact opposite by refering to the community in that way. Whether she made the comment in jest or in all seriousness, what on earth does it matter?
    -Cherub
    Gaah, that didn't make much sense. I'll try again later. All I mean is that I represent myself, you represet yourself, Leann reps her own self. Nothing more. Community my ass. I have more in common with the "geek" community then the little person community. What offends you doesnt even exist to others of us.
    -Cherub

  7. #137
    FORT Newbie theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    san diego, ca
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubFreed
    Gaah, that didn't make much sense. I'll try again later. All I mean is that I represent myself, you represet yourself, Leann reps her own self. Nothing more. Community my ass. I have more in common with the "geek" community then the little person community. What offends you doesnt even exist to others of us.
    -Cherub

    it made sense the first time and i noticed the contradiction as well.

    you belong to the geeky, sci-fi, movie dork community

  8. #138
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12
    Sorry Cherub for making you upset,
    I PERSONALLY find Leann's comment offensive and I know my friends who are lp's as well found it offensive, I know because I asked them. I am sorry you have such an anomocity towards "the community". I represent myself as well but I also know that I am an lp and at 3'3 in height I stick out like a sore thumb. I have been called mini-me and other names because of what has been on tv. How can I represent myself when some people have not so positive images of me in their minds already?? Like I said, this show is not the worst show I have seen and as boring as it is I will watch next week's episode. I think we have to agree to disagree on this case.
    equality can only come from education

  9. #139
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,925
    How can I represent myself when some people have not so positive images of me in their minds already??
    Stereotype's are awful, without a doubt!! Believe me, when people "find out" what I am, immediately they assume I hate men, play softball, burn my bras and drive a four-by-four dirty flatbed truck. In which I do not. But that's what people ASSUME. After knowing me and seeing who I am...there's no labeling anymore, I'm seen as just Maveno...just like any other woman walking.
    I'm true to myself....and I am happy to be me. So, I don't care what preconceived ideas some people may have of my lifestyle...if my friendship is important to them, they're my friends. If not, then they're not.
    It was a great relief to me many, many years ago when I finally let go of my worries & fears about "what people thought".
    The only reason why I said all of this, is because of what I quoted you as asking above. No...our situations are polar opposites, but the stereotypical treatments of strangers and/or "friends" I'm sure are the same. Of course it's not fair, but in the end...I'm the one who's happy about who I really am, no matter what anyone else thinks.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  10. #140
    The race is back! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    On the mat
    Age
    43
    Posts
    40,432
    when people "find out" what I am, immediately they assume I hate men, play softball, burn my bras and drive a four-by-four dirty flatbed truck.
    Maveno, don't tell me, you're a.... redneck????


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.