+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reality TV's First 'Mini' Series

Reality TV's First 'Mini' Series

Reality TV'S First 'Mini' Series

Wednesday, January 28, 2004
    By Michael Starr

NEW YORK The star of Fox's new reality show, "The Littlest Groom," (search) is a guy named Glen, who happens to be 4 feet 5 inches tall - and who's watched a lot of reality TV.

"I've watched 'The Bachelor' and 'Survivor,' and I thought, gosh, if they did a show about little people, that would be so rad," said Glen, talking for the first time about his role in "The Littlest Groom," airing Feb. 16 and 23.

"I mean, they have 'Boy Meets Boy' and 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy,' so this is really showing the diversity of what America is all about.

"Heck, we're as normal as everyone else."

The premise of "The Littlest Groom" is simple: Can Glen, 23, who works in tech support for a cellular company, find a sweetheart among 12 women, all little people? Or will he choose one of the "average-sized" women thrown into the mix?

"I've dated more average-sized women than little people. There's really no difference - it's really more about heart," says the Philly native and part-time actor who once worked as the Philadelphia 76ers mascot, "Li'l G."

"It was gratifying and I had a fun time doing it," he said of his mascot days. "It was a win/win situation."

Glen said he feels the same way about "The Littlest Groom," produced by LMNO Productions.

"This show fit with what my life was all about - I was completely looking for true love," he said. "Sure, this has a little twist because it's people of short stature, but I think the average-sized person will look into the glass and see what it's like to be a little person.

"It's not every day you see a little person - let alone get to know their personal lives," he said. "All I know is that I had a great time doing this show and never for a second felt exploited.

"If someone is going to be close-minded, then they don't know what reality is themselves," he said. "This is the world we live in - people need to get over themselves."
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,109725,00.html

Oh my Can we dare to hope that Fox would try to let these people keep their dignity? Or are we going to be subjected to a carnival side show atmosphere?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Oh my Can we dare to hope that Fox would try to let these people keep their dignity? Or are we going to be subjected to a carnival side show atmosphere?
    Considering this is Fox, I'd say it will more than likely be the side show atmosphere. But I think if someone wants to keep their dignity, they should stay away from reality shows altogether.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I saw this forum in the index and thought, "What in sam hill is this?"

After reading this, what in sam hill were they thinking?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    Oh geez. Why??

I like Steve's quote:
    "It's not every day you see a little person - let alone get to know their personal lives," he said. "All I know is that I had a great time doing this show and never for a second felt exploited.

"If someone is going to be close-minded, then they don't know what reality is themselves," he said. "This is the world we live in - people need to get over themselves."
    Now, I just have to remember that this is FOX and that Steve may change his mind after it airs. I hope not though.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

*coughGlencough*

But yeah, he seems to be extremely comfortable in the fact that he may be the next reality-tv-show casualty.

+ Reply to Thread