+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "The Littlest Groom" - Fox, 02/16 (2 episode special)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    It's great to have you here, Cherubfreed!

I hope you can provide us with some backstage insights after the program.

Can you tell us how you found out about the show and auditioned for it?
    Yes, I can tell you that. I was just looking on Craigslist one day, (for those of you who've never been, it is an online free want-ads) and I saw "single, attractive little people wanted" so I called. Everybody involved in the casting process was extremely sweet, and the casting was as fun as being on it. A really nice hotel, yummy food, but absolutely no contact with any of the other short girls. There was a series of auditions, and when they first met me, my hair was flourescent red, yellow, orange and pink. Later, for an audition with the producers, it was green and black, but I was asked to make it more normal for the show. That made me really mad!!! :phhht But it's allright, I think I probly look nicer with normal hair anyway. Basically, to answer your question (sorry, i tend to blab on and on) it was just alot of interviews about all kinds of stuff, and then a doctor visit and a psychiatrist visit. There is a bit more, but I think I should wait till after it airs. I don't wanna wreck the show or get myself sued!

FORT Fogey
    so is this show only 2 shows long then?

Yes.

FORT Fogey
    if it's only 2 shows then i wonder if they are treating this like a joke, usually reality datings shows last 6 episodes.

It's being billed as a "mini" series.

The first episode, there will be 12 little people for Glen to eliminate X number. The second episode, 3 "normal-sized" women will be introduced into the mix.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    It's being billed as a "mini" series.

The first episode, there will be 12 little people for Glen to eliminate X number. The second episode, 3 "normal-sized" women will be introduced into the mix.
    i get the idea, but usually you need a few shows to really get into the characters(people), no sooner do you meet the first group of girls then poof they bring all new ones and by the end of episode 2 he picks. There is no real time to develop an emotional attachment to any of them

I agree, it's too short to develop any attachment to the contestants. Perhaps FOX thought that viewers wouldn't tune into a regular-length series of this type? I think FOX would be wrong if they thought that, but I stopped trying to figure out the mind of FOX execs a looooooong time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    i get the idea, but usually you need a few shows to really get into the characters(people), no sooner do you meet the first group of girls then poof they bring all new ones and by the end of episode 2 he picks. There is no real time to develop an emotional attachment to any of them
    All true. Although the length of this is along the same lines as the length of the original few episodes of "Meet My Folks" on NBC, where they had eliminations etc. also.

*knocking on wood* that the show is good.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345