+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: "The Littlest Groom" - Fox, 02/16 (2 episode special)

  1. #31
    JR.
    JR. is offline
    Drummer / Model JR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    42 22' N 71 2' W
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Why does everyone think FOX has sunk to a new low? I mean, this is just a dating show. Would you say the same if the show were all african americans, or all disabled people?
    Because it's FOX and nobody trusts them.

  2. #32
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18

    Midget vs Dwarf

    Hi, I was on the show, and about the labeling thing... I grew to hate the word Midget and bristle whenever I heard it used, (which I still do), because it would be screamed at me from across the halls at school. It was used in a derigatory (sp!!) mannor. However, after researching it, I've come to think of it as a cute word. In the old days, it was used to describe something normal but miniature in size. Most of the LPs you see on tv are acons, and not what would be called midgets in the first place. I, however, am 4 foot 6, and proportonate, simply a smaller in scale version of tall people, so midget is appropriate for me. Honestly, I just prefer "short" or "really really short". Midget brings up bad memories, Dwarf sounds stupid, little person sounds like an alien or a leprechaun. I'm short!!! The end of my rant for the day.

  3. #33
    The race is back! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    On the mat
    Age
    43
    Posts
    40,432
    Cherub, welcome to the site. Care to spill the beans on which contestant you are? We know 4 of the names so far, and it's always nice to put a face to a screen name.

    We know you probably can't share anything until after the show's over, but we'd love to hear your thoughts when you can.

    So, you don't have acondroplasia, but instead proportionate dwarfism. I think "short" is a good term.

    Of course, I'm 6' 7", so everyone is "short" to me.

  4. #34
    Yo Mama Mama Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    7th Level of Hell
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    I'm almost speechless. What's next, amputees? Arranged marriages? Farm animals?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA How about "Who Wants to Date a Goat?"
    *snark*

    [edited to add]

    Greetings to Cherub and LPChick and thank you both for your insights.
    Last edited by Mama Harold; 02-14-2004 at 05:27 PM.

  5. #35
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Cherub, welcome to the site. Care to spill the beans on which contestant you are? We know 4 of the names so far, and it's always nice to put a face to a screen name.

    We know you probably can't share anything until after the show's over, but we'd love to hear your thoughts when you can.

    So, you don't have acondroplasia, but instead proportionate dwarfism. I think "short" is a good term.

    Of course, I'm 6' 7", so everyone is "short" to me.
    Thanks for the welcome. I was only lurking untill I read lp chick's thing, and I was compelled to respond. As you assumed, I'm not allowed to say anything about my experience on the show yet, as I signed an extremely scary confidentially agreement. How you can spot me: Well I'm the tallest one! I haven't seen any of the Entertainment Tonight things on it, but my Grandpa did, and he said that theres a shot of me walking up to greet Glen. I'm wearing a short black dress, and I'm pierced on my lip and nose. So far, I'm not in any of the ads I've seen! So sad! If you care, my website is www.cherubfreed.com and there are pictures there so you can recognize me if they do happen to flash by in an ad.

    -Cherub

  6. #36
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12

    Welcome Cherub

    Welcome to the site! It will be great to hear your opinion once it airs because your in it. I hope that the show will have been a positive thing in your life.
    equality can only come from education

  7. #37
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by LPChick
    Welcome to the site! It will be great to hear your opinion once it airs because your in it. I hope that the show will have been a positive thing in your life.

    Thanks for the hope that it will have been a positive thing in my life, but honestly, it shot a month ago, and I don't really think about it, unless I'm getting calls from my grandma saying "We saw you on TV!" or I'm lurking around forums like this searching for a pic of myself from the show. It wasn't this huge, life changing thing, it was just one more thing that I've done, thats now over. Like a trip, or a class. I don't think very many of the girls involved have been changed by it, but who knows? Maybe they'll come here too and let us know.
    Thanks for the welcome, too/

  8. #38
    THANKYOUVERYMUCH........ stacykoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Memphis,TN
    Age
    53
    Posts
    19
    I checked out your website and you are a doll! You definitely appear to be the life of the party. Hopefully you can tell us more as the series airs. I look forward to reading your posts. And
    If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

  9. #39
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by stacykoca
    I checked out your website and you are a doll! You definitely appear to be the life of the party. Hopefully you can tell us more as the series airs. I look forward to reading your posts. And
    Awwww, thanks!!!

  10. #40
    J/J for the win! DJeterFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,661
    It's great to have you here, Cherubfreed!

    I hope you can provide us with some backstage insights after the program.

    Can you tell us how you found out about the show and auditioned for it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.