+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/4 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Do you think the show would be more interesting if they did have a jury.........or would it just complicate the cases?
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey
    Vonna:

I think an upcoming episode includes a jury trial.

Hopefully a jury will add some spark to the show especially if we are able to observe the deliberations.........hear jurers argue etc.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Now that we are down to eight associates, we will hopefully get to see more of each trial/arbitration.

I remembered the wanted poster in the news. So I went to the Forts current events forum and put "wanted poster" in the search. Its the one titled "Man gets punked by convienience store owner not laughing".

I think the judge in the poster case was way too harsh. He was more upset than the plaintiff. The poster was clearly a joke and the plaintiff was clearly after money, but...the defendent's side really did a piss poor job of not making the poster seem funny. In fact, they never even tried to make it funny.

I think Mr. Black fired the right people but he should have also fired Olivier. His behavior was totally unacceptable. If he can only fire two people at a time, then it should have been Olivier and Anika. He could have fired the other girl later on if she still showed a lack in skills.

The defendent in the dominatrix case looked like he had a split personality. I think the judge was wrong in his decision. If they had a licensing agreement then that should have been enough.

I don't like Michael, he is much too aggressive. There are too many people to remember them all so once they get whittled down some more I can make better observations.

Hopefully if they go to a jury trial we will see more balanced and fair judgements. I thought the judge in the poster trial was way too emotional. It was as though he was trying to prove a point and not take the poster in its context which was intended to be a joke. Lighten up judge!
    Maya Angelou

FORT Upperclassman
    Barrett did a poor job of picking in dividing the teams, picking Olivier (curser), Deep, (unimpressive), and the 2 that were fired. And, she picked first.

I was happy for Regina beating Olivier, although her team had the better chance of winning. After being picked last, it appeared that her confidience really needed this. On first impressions, I like her and hope she does well.

Based upon what was shown, the entire poster plaintiff team was very impressive and scored a knockout victory. I believe this influenced the judge in behaving like he did. I also thought the judge could have been dramatizing this for his TV appearance.

I also thought the dominatrix judge was too eager to know more about her business. Just as observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Moekle
    Barrett did a poor job of picking in dividing the teams, picking Olivier (curser), Deep, (unimpressive), and the 2 that were fired. And, she picked first.

I was happy for Regina beating Olivier, although her team had the better chance of winning. After being picked last, it appeared that her confidience really needed this. On first impressions, I like her and hope she does well.

Based upon what was shown, the entire poster plaintiff team was very impressive and scored a knockout victory. I believe this influenced the judge in behaving like he did. I also thought the judge could have been dramatizing this for his TV appearance.

I also thought the dominatrix judge was too eager to know more about her business. Just as observation.
    I think your obervations are right on target. The judge was wanting to see more pictures to....ah....ah....familarize himself with.....yes familarize himself since he wasn't familar with what her business was all about

and I think it you may be right about the other judge wanting to use is whatever you call it....handing down the judgement as a screen test LOL
    Maya Angelou

I watched this on TiVo for the first time last night, then heard it's already gotten cancelled.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast