+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Show discussion thread 7/28

As far as the dog case goes....I'm wondering why the lawyers didn't go to the mastiff owner's house and take pictures of those burly dogs and their awful pen. It was a big dust bowl with a nasty blanket and wild slobbering dogs running amuck. Mr. Andy Rooney/combover was indicating that his dogs weren't dangerous, but I am thinking.."yeah, right!!!!"
    kitty-cats rule!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    And didn't a similar thing happen with one Apprentice episode last year? I'm not positive, but I have a vague memory.
    I remember that the promo for the winning round of Celebrity Poker Showdown gave away who was going to win one of the preliminary rounds. And I seem to recall another show with a similar promo issue, but I don't think it was the Apprentice. I want to say it was The Bachelor, but I may just be remembering some of the supersleuths here at the FoRT examining the screen caps.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Why did the commercial right before the final segment reveal the people they were just about to dismiss?

Someone better get fired for THAT.
    I watched it here on the West coast. We didn't get any previews for next week's show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse
    I think they were let go because even though the plaintiffs won, in the arbitration case Roy Black pointed out that the plaintiff team didn't go for punitive damages against the Coroner who stopped the woman, while in the dog case there were some major foul-ups on both sides, including one by the plaintiff team that if this were in a normal courtroom (and not in this structure) they likely would have easily lost.
    Thanks Wallyhorse, that makes a lot of sense, considering the winners of both cases weren't all that sucessful....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Newbie
    I can't believe I forgot this show was on after Big Brother. I thought it was on next week.

Question for the people who watched it:

Is it something worth watching especially if you liked the Apprentice like I do? It looks just like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse
    Kelly was gone. NBC accidentally revealed it in the promo for next week.
    Speaking of that promo for next week....was that Geoff Fieger (Jack "Dr. Death" Kevorkian's attorney) that was shown in the preview? Does anyone know?
    kitty-cats rule!

Quote Originally Posted by dejaFlex
    Is it something worth watching especially if you liked the Apprentice like I do? It looks just like it.
    I bet you would like it....I know I did. (But I love watching court cases) It is similar, in many ways, to the Apprentice.
    kitty-cats rule!

FORT Regular
    I liked the show, but I predicted the outcome based on the cases.

Why did the judge chew out the owner of Dingo? Didn't the judge say it was the other guys fence? Isn't that guy responsible for mending any holes in the fence? If you've got vicious dogs aren't you responsible for those vicious dogs? What if it had been a child that had put his head are limb through the hole?

As for the other case, it seemed open and shut to me. You can't go around impersonating a police officer. I'm surprised he wasn't arrested and charged for that. Even if the woman wasn't driving responsbly, obviously as was pointed out, neither was he. And they should have gone after damages. Even if she hadn't gone for professional help, it doesn't mean she wasn't affected by what happened. I would be freaked to find out that someone pulled me over pretending to be a cop. It doesn't help the cops either, because then people become afraid to pull over in case they aren't being pulled over by a cop.

It seems that no one knows what they're doing (except maybe Chris). These are top young lawyers?

And I can't stand Olivier. He's arrogant and only interested in his viewpoint. Although he does remind me of James Spader.

I did like what Roy Black said at the beginning, about the cases may not be big and important to them, but they were big and important to the people involved.

I thought both sides did weak jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    I watched it here on the West coast. We didn't get any previews for next week's show.
    Carla. I thought I'd lost my mind because I didn't get the previews either.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Carla. I thought I'd lost my mind because I didn't get the previews either.
    Maybe the NBC execs were reading our Show Discussion thread last night and saw what we were posting, then they realized that someone goofed up and they fired a few people so that the error wouldn't be repeated as the show aired in more western time zones, huh?

+ Reply to Thread