Native Country:
    Taiwan
    Undergrad:
    UCLA
    Law School:
    University of San Diego
    Specialty:
    Civil Litigation

Why do you think you are a better lawyer than the other associates?
    I am a better lawyer because I listen. I think attorneys, due to their achievements (finishing law school, passing the bar, etc.), have a tendency to overestimate themselves when dealing with clients. I believe a good lawyer has their client's best interests in mind and don't let their ego get in the way of zealous representation.

I also think I am a better lawyer because people tend to trust me. This could be due to my outwardly youthful appearance - a good combination with my mature disposition. Also, because of my diverse background (foreign-born and numerous travels and inhabitations around the world) I tend to relate to a wider spectrum of people than the normal white-collared, tight-lipped, perceivably boring lawyer.

What's your verdict on reality TV?
    Reality TV is a necessary evil. I believe a reality legal TV show is the perfect remedy for America's hatred for lawyers!

What, in your opinion, is the biggest misconception people have about lawyers and why is it a misconception?
    Lawyers are NOT lying scum. They work hard and diligently (sometimes with very little sleep), and often have to deal with lying clients. Most of the lawyers I know - and have met on this show - are caring human beings who put their clients' needs ahead of their own.

A lawyer's life is FAR from glamorous. There are no unisex bathrooms with gleeful chorales reverberating from the walls. There are no heart-wrenching screaming matches with the sexy opposing counsel whose clothes later end up on the marble floor of your penthouse office suit. There is no cursing at the judge without penalty. Lawyers work hard.

Not that this has any bearing on her, I am certain excellent, skills as a lawyer, but I have to wonder what is up with her eyes.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Her head looks too big for her body.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Her head looks too big for her body.
    What body? She reminds me of ET.

Answers seem crafted to get her a spot on the show. I'm thinking the info we're reading here on each one was part of the application package to get on the show. I'm not liking the long wordy ones much.

+ Reply to Thread