Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason

Jason

Home State:
    Michigan
    Undergrad:
    Central Michigan University
    Law Schools:
    Pepperdine University School of Law, University of San Diego School of Law, University of Barcelona (Spain), Oxford University (England)
    Specialty:
    Trial Law

Why do you think you are a better lawyer than the other associates?

I am taller than the other associates.

What, in your opinion, is the biggest misconception that people have about lawyers and why is it a misconception?
    Most people think that lawyers are a puss-filled boil on the body of society. Although I would love to say that this is a complete misconception, I cannot. I work with lawyers every day and can attest to the fact that there are more than a handful of shysters out there who give the rest of us a bad name. What I wish more people understood, however, is that most attorneys are out there fighting the good fight and genuinely helping people. My clients are individuals who have been wronged through no fault of their own and could not get help without me.

I'm not passing out business cards at hospitals or suing over hot coffee - my entire career is based upon righting wrongs, helping people and changing lives for the better. Unfortunately, most people will perpetuate the misconception that lawyers are sharks, etc., and will not understand my sentiments until they find themselves in a situation where they need a lawyer themselves. I'm happy to be patient and do my part in changing the public's misconception - one client at a time.

What's your verdict on reality TV?
    Reality TV is generally entertaining, but I think "The Law Firm" elevates the genre because it's unlike most run-of-the-mill reality shows. "The Law Firm" is about trial lawyers trying cases. If the show effectively communicates to the viewers even a portion of the stress, fatigue and raw emotion that goes into preparing for trial, and calls itself a reality show, then I guess I'm a big fan.

I'm not quite sure about the four law schools but I'm guessing the two overseas ones were summer programs. I kind of like him based on his answers. Now watch him turn out to be a preachy egomaniac.

FORT Fanatic
    I think you're right. Based on the schools, I'm thinking he didn't get into a good law school because he went to a not-so-highly-ranked undergrad school. Prolly worked his ass off his first year of law school at Pepperdine and transferred to the higher-ranked USD. One summer in Spain, and maybe another summer or a masters in law at oxford. Seems like a hard worker - transfer students are usually really good because they had to excel to stand out from where they started, and first year of law school isn't the easiest time to excel, especially if you party at all.

Why do you think you are a better lawyer than the other associates?

I am taller than the other associates.
    Because the taller you are the smarter you are?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Because the taller you are the smarter you are?
    I think he was trying to be funny. Perhaps not succeeding but trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I think he was trying to be funny. Perhaps not succeeding but trying.
    Definately not succeeding.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I like his answers (although the little know fact is the famous hot coffee suit was in fact a pretty valid one and didn't involve the amounts routinely assigned to it) and hope he does well.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    It sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder. It's true what he says about people being hypocritical though. There's not one person out there who, if charged with a crime (be it a simple speeding ticket or murder), wouldn't want their attorney to do anything possible to "get them off".

FORT Fanatic
    This one I like. He didnt mention his ass at all.

Now I'll roll on to the others to see if all the women mention their looks as a criterion of their suitability for the law and for this show.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    I'll bet this guy is going to want to put his fist through the tv when he sees Olivier's evil grin after he was cut.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast