Home State:
    Washington, DC
    Undergrad:
    New York University
    Law School:
    Loyola Law School
    Specialty:
    Criminal Litigation

Why do you think you are a better lawyer than the other associates?
    "Sass and ass" - that's how I've been described. The "sass" part is obvious. I am feisty, quick thinking, articulate, and have that in-your-face savvy. In my professional and personal life, I always stand up for myself, fight to the death, and am not squeamish about critiquing colleagues. The "ass" - well it's not what you think! That part describes my good looks, poise, presence, and grace.

In short, I'm a better lawyer than the other associates because I blend a persona (i.e. beauty, confidence, and a certain attitude) with dogged determination and competence. It's rare to find someone who has it all, and I do!

What's your verdict on reality TV?
    I must confess the whole wave of "reality" shows left me cold. The first year I watched a bit of "Survivor," but for the most part I find them boring. When I first heard about "The Law Firm," I was afraid it would be a buttoned-down, more serious version of "Survivor," but brains proved more important than brawn. What really makes the show work well is the casting department's choice of contestants. Someone willing to work under these relentless conditions would have to be a little type-A and off kilter - much more interesting to watch than the blank stares and well-worn lines of TV bachelors.

What, in your opinion, is the biggest misconception people have about lawyers and why is it a misconception?
    The biggest misconception people have about attorneys is that we are all unprincipled and would lie, cheat and steal to make a buck. It's because of this feeling that society has labeled lawyers a "necessary evil." However, many of us are guided by higher principles: integrity, personal honesty, reliability, and zealous representation.

FORT Fanatic
    Why do these women keep talking about how pretty they are?? if you are pretty, people will notice on their own.

She lost me at "sass and ass." Aargh. Please make her be the first one booted.

FORT Fanatic
    From here on out, she's Assika.

LG.
    What really makes the show work well is the casting department's choice of contestants. Someone willing to work under these relentless conditions would have to be a little type-A and off kilter - much more interesting to watch than the blank stares and well-worn lines of TV bachelors.
    Yes, kudos to the producers for being able to cast some type A personalities for the lawyers. Lawyers are known for being so shy and passive, that must have been quite the feat.

I don't like her attitude.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    She lost me at "sass and ass." Aargh. Please make her be the first one booted.

Exactly what I was thinking.

However, many of us are guided by higher principles:
    such as "sass and ass"
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    ass = good looks, presence, poise and grace? huh? She thinks she's got it all? She's seriously lacking in humility.

+ Reply to Thread