Home State:
    Georgia
    Undergrad:
    University of Toronto, Canada
    Law School:
    Georgia State University College of Law
    Specialty:
    Civil Litigation

Why do you think you are a better lawyer than the other associates?
    My track record speaks for itself. During my years as a criminal prosecutor, and then on both the defense and plaintiffs' sides of civil litigation, I've lost just a single case. Fortunately, I've not had to develop the skill of being a good loser, and I don't intend to start now.

What's your verdict on reality TV?
    I'm not particularly interested in watching people eat bugs, search for a boyfriend, or explore their inner child on national television. However, shows based on skill, strategy, and the drama that unfolds as a result of genuine, merit-based competition is fascinating. As "The Law Firm" proves, truth is stranger than fiction.

What, in your opinion, is the biggest misconception people have about lawyers and why is it a misconception?
    The biggest misconception about lawyers is that the "good" ones are heartless and dishonest. In fact, the best trial lawyers are compassionate, ethical, and personable. They truly care about their clients. They succeed because of their talent and need not stoop to being obnoxious, underhanded, or rude. Trial lawyers are fighters, so people may think that the best fighter is the one who yells the loudest and deals the lowest blows. At the end of the day, strategy triumphs over volume. The old saying really is true: to be a successful trial lawyer, be yourself - unless you're a jerk - then be someone else.

She has that "I am a bad ass, and I know it" look on her face.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I thought it a little ridiculous of her to kneel on the sofa when interviewing her client.
    It just looked really unprofessional to me.
    She's not presenting a magazine show for tweens.
    Not really an important thing, I just found it highly strange that she'd sit like that and had I been her client far from putting me at my ease (if that was the intention) I'd have been annoyed and told her to get her feet off my furniture.

Good call on bringing the dog into court though.
    Even though the judge was not pleased with how they handled it she seemed aware that in a real court setting she'd need to clear that move with the judge first.

well hopefully she had her heels off when she was on the clients couch. I don't think the client would've cared that much. I thought both those people were pretty strange especially that man with the two big dogs

No, she had her shoes on, I checked

It's not a big deal, I just thought it was incredibly strange.
    I wouldn't scrunch up on the sofa of a friend in short skirt and heels let alone a client.

Still, nothing to do with her ability as a lawyer.
    I have to say I think she could do well on this show, she seems pretty smart.

FORT Newbie
    she seems like shes doing well she did really good on the cross examination last night !!

Yes, she was, very good.
    She could be a sleeper.
    She seems highly competent and so far mercifully lacking in drama.
    One to watch I think.

I agree. She did a great job on last night's show. Aileen is one of my favorites at this point.

I think she is the strongest one so far. Some of the other good lawyers are too cocky. And she really reminds me of someone.. I just don't know who. It bothers me each time she's shown.

I think She is one of the toughest Female lawyers on the show. She is one of my favs but I don't think Roy Black will pick a girl.

+ Reply to Thread