+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roy Black

Roy Black

One of the nation's premier trial attorneys, Roy Black is best known for his successful defense of William Kennedy Smith. Other noteworthy clients include South Florida police officers Luis Alvarez and William Lozano and banker Fred De la Mata.

Recently selected by his peers for the sixth consecutive edition (a span of 12 years) for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in AmericaŽ 2005-2006, Roy has defended numerous clients on charges ranging from murder to drug smuggling, securities fraud, healthcare fraud, money laundering, Internet sex crimes, mail fraud and tax evasion.

Roy currently serves as an NBC News legal analyst, appearing regularly on "The Today Show" and other NBC and MSNBC news programs. The author of Black's Law, a book that recounts the strategies and tactics he employed to safeguard the freedom of four clients, Roy has also taught advanced criminal evidence at the University of Miami School of Law, his alma mater, for over 30 years.

In 1991, he was awarded the Dade County Bar Association's Criminal Justice Award and has received the Nelson Poynter Award for voluntary representation of prisoners on Florida's death row. Prior to his private practice, Roy served five years as a public defender in Dade County representing hundreds of indigent defendants in felony and capital cases.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    I don't know too much about this guy. I'm just thankful they didn't put Mark Geragos in this role. I don't think I could have stomached watching the show. I can't stand that guy.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    He seemed to have a smile on his face most of the time while grilling the contestants. Love him or hate him, nobody does it like "The Donald".

+ Reply to Thread